Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryJuly 10, 2020
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved the pandemic policy for the library system. The policy covers employee policies, a chain of command, procedures for if closures are necessary again, among other items. The Jasper Public Library Board did the same.
• Heard that the parent company of RB Digital, one of the library’s online databases for e-materials purchased Overdrive, another e-material database. Some changes to the databases are ongoing.
• Heard an update on the library reopening process. The Jasper board did the same. Meeting rooms remain closed after hours, and curbside services are still in effect. Patrons must wear facial coverings in the libraries, and programming is remaining online. Book clubs have begun meeting in person again, as long as members observe social distancing and wear masks.
• Heard that the summer learning goal of reading 2,500 books has been met, so each school system the library serves will receive a donation for library materials. Holy Trinity Catholic School, Greater Jasper, Northeast Dubois and Southeast Dubois will each receive $675. The funds come from community donations to the library’s summer learning program.
• Heard that the library is taking the lead on a joint project by human services organizations throughout the county to create an auntbertha.com database of social services. The Dubois County Community Foundation awarded the library a grant for a one-year trial of the database that provides a one-stop shop for local resources for those in need, as well as the ability to make appointments or referrals in the system. Dubois County’s database should be up and running by August.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday two more COVID-19-related deaths in...
Joe Crutchfield, who has been sober for years, has been working for more than a year on starting...
The Dubois County Park Board has considered several matters for the park’s future.
The Dubois County Health Department, in collaboration with the Indiana State Department of...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday three more COVID-19-related deaths in...
How I Broke This | Ep. 1 | Slaw Shack
The Indiana General Assembly is working on several bills in response to COVID-19’s...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday two more COVID-19-related...