Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryApril 10, 2020
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Welcomed Levi Hulsman to the board. He takes the seat vacated by Carol Hodell. The Jasper board did the same.
• Approved the proof of publication for the public hearing for the additional appropriation for the $2.75 million bond refinancing of the 2008 construction bond for the Ferdinand Branch.
• Held the additional appropriation hearing for the refinance bond for the construction of the Ferdinand Branch Library.
• Approved a resolution establishing the additional appropriation for the bond.
• Approved a resolution accepting post issuance compliance procedures for the refinancing process and establishment of a new bond.
• Heard that the library completed the audit with the Indiana State Board of Accounts. Everything is good. The Jasper board did the same.
• Heard that the library staff is working from home and meeting twice a week via Zoom for updates.
• Heard that the library is working on virtual programs and will be planning programs as if they will be held virtually as they plan for the future, particularly programs for summer reading.
• Heard that the library is organizing a virtual talent show via Facebook. To participate, submit a video of you doing something you enjoy on the library’s Facebook page. Videos need to be shorter than 20 minutes. The Jasper board heard the same.
• Heard that the staff is beginning to plan for reopening when the stay-at-home orders are lifted. Director Christine Golden said she expects reopen in phases as restrictions change. The Jasper board heard the same.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
With a set of twins and triplets and six other kids, Adam and Nikkia Anders of Birdseye never...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 12 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
It all started with a path through the woods. Just over 20 years ago, Dave Buehler’s vision...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 19 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
Plans for creating a countywide trail master plan are slowly progressing.
After receiving a favorable recommendation from the Jasper Utility Service Board earlier this...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday Dubois County's 26th COVID-19 death,...
A women’s recovery home could come to Jasper’s east side.