Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryApril 10, 2020
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Welcomed Levi Hulsman to the board. He takes the seat vacated by Carol Hodell. The Jasper board did the same.
• Approved the proof of publication for the public hearing for the additional appropriation for the $2.75 million bond refinancing of the 2008 construction bond for the Ferdinand Branch.
• Held the additional appropriation hearing for the refinance bond for the construction of the Ferdinand Branch Library.
• Approved a resolution establishing the additional appropriation for the bond.
• Approved a resolution accepting post issuance compliance procedures for the refinancing process and establishment of a new bond.
• Heard that the library completed the audit with the Indiana State Board of Accounts. Everything is good. The Jasper board did the same.
• Heard that the library staff is working from home and meeting twice a week via Zoom for updates.
• Heard that the library is working on virtual programs and will be planning programs as if they will be held virtually as they plan for the future, particularly programs for summer reading.
• Heard that the library is organizing a virtual talent show via Facebook. To participate, submit a video of you doing something you enjoy on the library’s Facebook page. Videos need to be shorter than 20 minutes. The Jasper board heard the same.
• Heard that the staff is beginning to plan for reopening when the stay-at-home orders are lifted. Director Christine Golden said she expects reopen in phases as restrictions change. The Jasper board heard the same.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department confirms six more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
As days, weeks and months of social distancing push ahead into an uncertain future, meaningful...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms four more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
Although park facilities — with the exception of playgrounds — were cleared to reopen last...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today a third COVID-19-related death in the county.
Zax Creamery — formerly Big Olaf Creamery — is set to launch in a new north side location on...
Heritage Hills High School graduated 138 in the Class of 2020 this month when e-learning came to...
What will summer look like for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari under the cloud of COVID-19?