Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryNovember 15, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved a contract with the Jasper Public Library Board for shared services. The contract requires the contractual library to pay the Jasper Public Library $87,000 in 2020 for shared services, such as administrative salaries.
• Approved a quote from Matrix Integration of Jasper for a computer server upgrade at the Ferdinand Branch Library for $29,754. The current server is from 2008.
• Approved tuition reimbursements for employees Amy Jo Lytle, Jasmine Vonderheide and Jenna Steltenpohl who are taking library science college courses.
• Heard a report from Jasper Branch Manager Beth Herzog-Schmidt about recent and upcoming activities at the library. In October. The library hosted 44 programs with 1,000 attendees. Coming up, the library will host several more programs, including an open house to celebrate the library’s 85th anniversary and a “Stranger Things” themed party for teens.
• Heard that several library staff members attended the Indiana Library Federation conference for professional development. Board President Kathy Tretter also received the ILF Trustee of the Year award at the conference. Tretter has served 18 years on the library board.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The last several weeks of work on the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center can be summed up in one word:...
As Dubois County Habitat for Humanity is planning the dedication of its newest home, it has set...
Sickbert was chosen out of an applicant pool of 83 candidates from all four high schools in...
At a national level, Builders Club aims to engage students ages 11 to 14 in service and...
While Christmas tree farms close across the state, the Scherles are pushing ahead.
The owners of Linda’s Nails have a lot of experience in the nail business.
Nestled in a dimly lit, cozy room on the second floor of the J. Herman building in Ferdinand,...
Eugene DeMotte is glad he served 20 years in the U.S. Army. But it wasn’t easy. There was a...