Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryNovember 15, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved a contract with the Jasper Public Library Board for shared services. The contract requires the contractual library to pay the Jasper Public Library $87,000 in 2020 for shared services, such as administrative salaries.
• Approved a quote from Matrix Integration of Jasper for a computer server upgrade at the Ferdinand Branch Library for $29,754. The current server is from 2008.
• Approved tuition reimbursements for employees Amy Jo Lytle, Jasmine Vonderheide and Jenna Steltenpohl who are taking library science college courses.
• Heard a report from Jasper Branch Manager Beth Herzog-Schmidt about recent and upcoming activities at the library. In October. The library hosted 44 programs with 1,000 attendees. Coming up, the library will host several more programs, including an open house to celebrate the library’s 85th anniversary and a “Stranger Things” themed party for teens.
• Heard that several library staff members attended the Indiana Library Federation conference for professional development. Board President Kathy Tretter also received the ILF Trustee of the Year award at the conference. Tretter has served 18 years on the library board.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The nun serving as the Spanish language interpreter for the Dubois County Courts will tell you...
The four school corporations worked together to secure funding for 15 stop-arm cameras that were...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 18 new positive COVID-19 cases.
Later this month, Bryce Conway will begin working as the group’s event coordinator.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today three new positive COVID-19 cases.
Was it a sign? The way this year has been going, should we be surprised that a Jasper creek...
Burgess and Courtney Heberer founded Santa Claus Exterior Cleaning after they discovered a new...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new positive COVID-19 cases.