Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryNovember 15, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved a contract with the Jasper Public Library Board for shared services. The contract requires the contractual library to pay the Jasper Public Library $87,000 in 2020 for shared services, such as administrative salaries.
• Approved a quote from Matrix Integration of Jasper for a computer server upgrade at the Ferdinand Branch Library for $29,754. The current server is from 2008.
• Approved tuition reimbursements for employees Amy Jo Lytle, Jasmine Vonderheide and Jenna Steltenpohl who are taking library science college courses.
• Heard a report from Jasper Branch Manager Beth Herzog-Schmidt about recent and upcoming activities at the library. In October. The library hosted 44 programs with 1,000 attendees. Coming up, the library will host several more programs, including an open house to celebrate the library’s 85th anniversary and a “Stranger Things” themed party for teens.
• Heard that several library staff members attended the Indiana Library Federation conference for professional development. Board President Kathy Tretter also received the ILF Trustee of the Year award at the conference. Tretter has served 18 years on the library board.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A new gymnasium is on its way to Northeast Dubois High School.
John Tretter is home. And he’s ready for a challenge. Tuesday morning, the Huntingburg man was...
He had a dream. On Sunday, Dubois County residents remembered it.
Jasper native Shalyn Grow marked an item off her acting bucket list last year. The 2013 Jasper...
Life can be chaotic and messy for the Villarreal family, but they get by with their love for one...
The Jasper Strassenfest Committee revealed the logo and button design Friday for this year's...
Crossroads Behavioral Health in Huntingburg has been closed, but will reopen in the next couple...