Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryNovember 15, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved a contract with the Jasper Public Library Board for shared services. The contract requires the contractual library to pay the Jasper Public Library $87,000 in 2020 for shared services, such as administrative salaries.
• Approved a quote from Matrix Integration of Jasper for a computer server upgrade at the Ferdinand Branch Library for $29,754. The current server is from 2008.
• Approved tuition reimbursements for employees Amy Jo Lytle, Jasmine Vonderheide and Jenna Steltenpohl who are taking library science college courses.
• Heard a report from Jasper Branch Manager Beth Herzog-Schmidt about recent and upcoming activities at the library. In October. The library hosted 44 programs with 1,000 attendees. Coming up, the library will host several more programs, including an open house to celebrate the library’s 85th anniversary and a “Stranger Things” themed party for teens.
• Heard that several library staff members attended the Indiana Library Federation conference for professional development. Board President Kathy Tretter also received the ILF Trustee of the Year award at the conference. Tretter has served 18 years on the library board.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A photo essay featuring four local baptisms documented by Herald photojournalists.
Tourists clamored to first see the trickle of oil in the tranquil water of Pearl Harbor, and...
The Huntingburg Police Department force has a new member.
The Ferdinand Chamber of Commerce honored two award winners and had several featured speakers...
What would she think? When Leo Eckerle tilts back his head to look at the 32-foot-tall pine on...
Four-year-old Head Start student Ray perused Walmart’s toy cars aisle Wednesday morning with...
Marlene Greener shared Christmas letters explaining her family’s excitement about moving to...
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in downtown Jasper.