Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryOctober 11, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved the 2020 budget in the amount of $1,354,572. The budget covers the Birdseye, Dubois and Ferdinand branches.
• Approved an updated personnel policy that includes guidelines for background checks for staff and volunteers who work with the public, as well as other changes.
• Approved using Safe Hiring Solutions for staff background checks at the cost of $23.95 per check.
• Heard a report on the Ferdinand Branch from Branch Manager Trina James. The branch currently has a display of old Ferdinand town and high school band uniforms.
• Heard that the Ferdinand Branch is working on expanding a partnership with Southern Indiana Resource Solutions, an organization that serves people with disabilities.
• Heard that the library is in the final stages of a grant from the Regional Opportunity Initiatives for a mobile library unit that will serve as a mobile program van, a book mobile and a way for people to sign up for library cards without coming to one of the branches.
• Approved purchasing two printer/copiers from Hoosier Business Machines of Jasper for $3,695 each. One is for the Ferdinand branch, and the other is for the Dubois branch.
• Heard that the library will be closed Monday for a staff development day.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Despite having a visual impairment that causes her eyes to constantly dance back and forth,...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company has donated $50,000 to the Tri-County YMCA’s Reimagine...
Before the season began, some wondered if the Northeast Dubois Marching Jeeps — who have...
Contract negotiations that began in May are ongoing between Memorial Hospital and Health Care...
Tenth Street Elementary fifth-graders Henry Hostetter and Isaiah Pardo plunged plastic straws...
The Tri-County YMCA is about to get bigger.
People are invited to Market Street Park on Saturday to enjoy food, brews and the blues.
There will be a Jubilee Celebration of worship, praise and fellowship Sunday recognizing the...