Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryJuly 12, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved eliminating late fees on overdue items. The move comes after three years of conversations among staff and among other libraries across the country moving to a fine-free system. The Jasper Public Library Board did the same. A story is on Page One.
• Approved tuition assistance for Jenna Steltenpohl, the children’s librarian at the Ferdinand Branch. Steltenpohl will begin her library certification classes this fall through Ivy Tech.
• Heard that the 2020 budget process has begun and that the growth quotient is 3.5%. The growth quotient comes from the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance and tells local libraries how much they can increase their budgets by each year. Library Director Christine Golden said she plans to add to the programming budget for 2020. The Jasper Public Library Board heard the same.
• Heard that 1,050 people registered for the summer learning program on the online Beanstack app, and 60% completed the challenge.
• Heard that 200 new patron library cards were issued in the last month.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In the morning of a historic day set in the middle of a pandemic, Misty McDonald hugged her...
Stamps received his medical degree and completed his residency at Indiana University School of...
Six years ago today, Huntingburg was named a Stellar Community. A grand opening was held today...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today the county's 13th death related to COVID-19.
Mark Messmer, chairman of the Dubois County Republican Party, filed the challenge Monday evening...
Of the county’s 729 cases, 535 have recovered and 13 deaths have been reported. A total of...
Like many summer festivals before it, the Holland Community Festival will look a little...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today five new positive COVID-19 cases.