Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryJuly 12, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved eliminating late fees on overdue items. The move comes after three years of conversations among staff and among other libraries across the country moving to a fine-free system. The Jasper Public Library Board did the same. A story is on Page One.
• Approved tuition assistance for Jenna Steltenpohl, the children’s librarian at the Ferdinand Branch. Steltenpohl will begin her library certification classes this fall through Ivy Tech.
• Heard that the 2020 budget process has begun and that the growth quotient is 3.5%. The growth quotient comes from the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance and tells local libraries how much they can increase their budgets by each year. Library Director Christine Golden said she plans to add to the programming budget for 2020. The Jasper Public Library Board heard the same.
• Heard that 1,050 people registered for the summer learning program on the online Beanstack app, and 60% completed the challenge.
• Heard that 200 new patron library cards were issued in the last month.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Virlee Gunselman smiled as she walked out the doors of Scenic Hills Care Center for the last...
They used their teacher voices and gave legislators a lesson on the issues facing public education.
It’s official. On July 1, the individual schools that make up the Northeast Dubois County...
Be honest. If someone asked you to spell “delicatessen” or “spontaneity” or...
The Southridge Middle School Spell Bowl team earned State Champion status Saturday at the...
Brightly colored balloons clung to the walls of Northeast Dubois High School science teacher...
A smile spread across Craig Weyer’s face Wednesday morning as the coffee beans turning in his...
French Lick Resort’s two newest attractions officially opened on Friday.