Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryJuly 12, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved eliminating late fees on overdue items. The move comes after three years of conversations among staff and among other libraries across the country moving to a fine-free system. The Jasper Public Library Board did the same. A story is on Page One.
• Approved tuition assistance for Jenna Steltenpohl, the children’s librarian at the Ferdinand Branch. Steltenpohl will begin her library certification classes this fall through Ivy Tech.
• Heard that the 2020 budget process has begun and that the growth quotient is 3.5%. The growth quotient comes from the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance and tells local libraries how much they can increase their budgets by each year. Library Director Christine Golden said she plans to add to the programming budget for 2020. The Jasper Public Library Board heard the same.
• Heard that 1,050 people registered for the summer learning program on the online Beanstack app, and 60% completed the challenge.
• Heard that 200 new patron library cards were issued in the last month.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Herald went home with more than 20 awards at this year’s Hoosier State Press Association...
The 2019 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants are set for 7 p.m. Sunday,...
While many newlyweds choose a tropical getaway for their honeymoon, 2015 Jasper High School...
Fridays during football season are some of Southridge High School Athletic Director Brett...
Like any sports enthusiast, John Braun of Cannelton has made his fair share of bets with...
If you’ve been by the corner of Fourth and Mill streets lately, chances are you’ve seen...
Bill Hochgesang, superintendent of the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation, has been...
A member of the Indiana Arts Commission saw some of the local arts in Dubois County Wednesday.