Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryJuly 12, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved eliminating late fees on overdue items. The move comes after three years of conversations among staff and among other libraries across the country moving to a fine-free system. The Jasper Public Library Board did the same. A story is on Page One.
• Approved tuition assistance for Jenna Steltenpohl, the children’s librarian at the Ferdinand Branch. Steltenpohl will begin her library certification classes this fall through Ivy Tech.
• Heard that the 2020 budget process has begun and that the growth quotient is 3.5%. The growth quotient comes from the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance and tells local libraries how much they can increase their budgets by each year. Library Director Christine Golden said she plans to add to the programming budget for 2020. The Jasper Public Library Board heard the same.
• Heard that 1,050 people registered for the summer learning program on the online Beanstack app, and 60% completed the challenge.
• Heard that 200 new patron library cards were issued in the last month.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
For one week every summer, members of 4-H clubs from across Dubois County descend on the...
A Pub 'N' Grub is coming soon to 514 N. Jackson Street, the former location of 514 and Yaggi's.
When 4-H youth graduate, they go off to different places across the world in a number of...
Fifty years ago, before Neil Armstrong took his legendary small step toward a big future, Mike...
Zach Troxal dug into the crumbled dirt beneath him, carving out a hole deep enough for him to...
It was in the land of livestock, crafts, cooking, science, robotics and so much more where Lisa...
There are a handful of moments in history that transcend. When they happen, where we were and...
Drivers coming into Ireland from the west side will likely notice the new artwork that now...