Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryJune 14, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the Dubois Branch will host an INseparable event about immigration at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13. Rural sociologist and demographer Emily Wornell from Ball State University will present the program. INseparable is an Indiana Humanities program that pushes Hoosiers to look beyond the urban-suburban-rural divide and see the people behind the statistics.
• Heard that the summer learning program — formerly the summer reading program — is going well. In the first month, the door counts were about 8,500 at Jasper, 3,000 at Ferdinand, 2,000 at Dubois and 250 at Birdseye. Several people are also completing the reading portion of the program through the BeanStack app, and over 100 have already finished.
• Heard that the STEM — science, technology, engineering and math — camps for kids are underway. Each branch is hosting one, and they have been popular. The programs are made possible through a grant from the Dubois County Community Foundation.
• Heard that the cracks in walls at the Ferdinand Branch are being repaired.
• Heard that three new services are being added to the RBdigital app: IndieFlix, which lets users stream indie movies; Qello, which streams full-length concerts from a variety of artists and genres; and Pongalo, which has content in Spanish. The platform also offers e-books, e-magazines, Acorn TV and The Great Courses.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...