Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersNovember 2, 2020
The Dubois County Commissioners met Monday and:
• Extended the local disaster emergency declaration to Dec. 7.
• Approved the two contracts with Clark Dietz for work on a regional sewer district. One contract will cost no more than $10,000 and is for on-call services, which would include the various meetings to gather information, discuss ideas with the nine communities in the county, compile information and documents from different stakeholders, and to hold public meetings. The second contract, for $82,500, is for the company to complete a study that looks at the configuration of a regional district, the costs for installing one and funding options, including loans and grants.
• Hired Seufert Construction to construct a driveway and outside canopy at the health department for $148,430. The driveway and canopy will be used for future drive-thru clinics, such as flu clinics and possibly COVID-19 clinics.
• Approved a petition to vacate Sixth Street in the community of Mentor, which is located along State Road 64 west of Birdseye.
• Hired James Leistner of Dubois and Dwight Caraway of Jasper as floaters for the county recycling sites. They will work as needed.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 90 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
When Dave Buehler, president of the The Redevelop Old Jasper Action Coalition, imagines the...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday two more COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
Winter is coming, and Dr. Stephen Sample is tired. As an emergency physician at Memorial...
Crane Army Ammunition Activity remains ready to support the warfighter no matter the situation,...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday 37 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
In a year where local business is hurting more than ever due to the pandemic, Jasper Chamber of...
The special Santa Claus holiday postmark is now available at the Santa Claus Post Office. T