Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersJune 2, 2020
The Dubois County Commissioners met Monday and:
• Extended the local disaster emergency declaration to Monday, June 15, which is the date of the next commissioners meeting.
• Agreed with hiring Caleb Lindeman as a dispatcher for the 911 department.
• Opened bids for road projects that will use state-provided Community Crossings grant funding. The bids were taken under advisement to be reviewed. County Engineer Brent Wendholt will give the commissioners his suggestions of which bids should be accepted at the commissioners’ June 15 meeting.
• Heard from Commissioner Elmer Brames that plans are moving forward to come up with the match funding for a $20,000 grant from the Indiana State Department of Health to conduct a feasibility study for connecting communities through a countywide trail system. Jasper, Huntingburg and the county have been working together to get private donations for the $20,000 match. Organizations and private citizens have been pledging money, but another $5,000 to $8,000 is still needed, Brames said.
• Declared as surplus the solid waste district’s old truck, as well as 15 obsolete computers the sheriff’s office has but can no longer be updated.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday Dubois County's 26th COVID-19 death,...
A women’s recovery home could come to Jasper’s east side.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported today Dubois County's 25th COVID-19 death, in...
Here’s a riddle for you. Sunday, a 17-year-old boy piloted a Boeing 737 airplane from...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported 35 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County since...
Penny, 68, now uses her experiences to encourage women to undergo annual mammogram screenings...
A year ago, seeing a food truck on a street or parking lot in Dubois County was unusual. Now,...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported today 37 new cases of COVID-19 for Dubois County.