Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersJune 2, 2020
The Dubois County Commissioners met Monday and:
• Extended the local disaster emergency declaration to Monday, June 15, which is the date of the next commissioners meeting.
• Agreed with hiring Caleb Lindeman as a dispatcher for the 911 department.
• Opened bids for road projects that will use state-provided Community Crossings grant funding. The bids were taken under advisement to be reviewed. County Engineer Brent Wendholt will give the commissioners his suggestions of which bids should be accepted at the commissioners’ June 15 meeting.
• Heard from Commissioner Elmer Brames that plans are moving forward to come up with the match funding for a $20,000 grant from the Indiana State Department of Health to conduct a feasibility study for connecting communities through a countywide trail system. Jasper, Huntingburg and the county have been working together to get private donations for the $20,000 match. Organizations and private citizens have been pledging money, but another $5,000 to $8,000 is still needed, Brames said.
• Declared as surplus the solid waste district’s old truck, as well as 15 obsolete computers the sheriff’s office has but can no longer be updated.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday five new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday nine new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Becky Hickman has always enjoyed helping people succeed by connecting them to resources.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday five new COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
A Birdseye man was flown to an Evansville hospital with a head injury after his pickup truck...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 12 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
Former Herald photographer Marlena Sloss was named 2020 Indiana Photographer of the Year this...