Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersJune 2, 2020
The Dubois County Commissioners met Monday and:
• Extended the local disaster emergency declaration to Monday, June 15, which is the date of the next commissioners meeting.
• Agreed with hiring Caleb Lindeman as a dispatcher for the 911 department.
• Opened bids for road projects that will use state-provided Community Crossings grant funding. The bids were taken under advisement to be reviewed. County Engineer Brent Wendholt will give the commissioners his suggestions of which bids should be accepted at the commissioners’ June 15 meeting.
• Heard from Commissioner Elmer Brames that plans are moving forward to come up with the match funding for a $20,000 grant from the Indiana State Department of Health to conduct a feasibility study for connecting communities through a countywide trail system. Jasper, Huntingburg and the county have been working together to get private donations for the $20,000 match. Organizations and private citizens have been pledging money, but another $5,000 to $8,000 is still needed, Brames said.
• Declared as surplus the solid waste district’s old truck, as well as 15 obsolete computers the sheriff’s office has but can no longer be updated.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The county’s local disaster emergency declaration has been extended to Sept. 2, matching the...
Amy Kaetzel and Carmen Brooks will teach the first year of the Southwest Dubois County School...
Design plans for remodeling and expanding the Dubois County Security Center and Dubois County...
According to a Purdue University press release, people across the country are receiving...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 17 new positive COVID-19 cases.
Kimball International Inc. announced today a new organizational structure to drive market share...
More than 100 people attended the rally, many holding their own signs and wearing shirts that...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 21 new positive COVID-19 cases.