Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersMay 19, 2020
The Dubois County Commissioners met Monday and:
• Reviewed the proposed fire prevention ordinance with Emergency Management Agency Director Tammy Humbert and fire chiefs. Celestine Fire Chief Ryan Wineinger said that it also has to be reviewed and approved by the Indiana Fire Prevention & Building Safety Commission. While the standards are in state code, a local ordinance is needed to enforce the rules listed in the ordinance, he said.
• Hired LAN to work on Veterans Memorial Bridge on Newton Street for $81,770.
• Heard an update from Highway Supervisor Steve Berg on work being done at the Ferdinand recycling site. The gates and concrete pad have been installed. The compactor is supposed to be installed today, weather permitting.
• Learned that Dubois County’s census response rate is at 77.2%. The county ranks No. 1 in the state and is tied for No. 17 in the United States.
• Heard that they must work on their 2021 budget in late June or early July.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday five new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday nine new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Becky Hickman has always enjoyed helping people succeed by connecting them to resources.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday five new COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
A Birdseye man was flown to an Evansville hospital with a head injury after his pickup truck...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 12 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
Former Herald photographer Marlena Sloss was named 2020 Indiana Photographer of the Year this...