Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersMay 19, 2020
The Dubois County Commissioners met Monday and:
• Reviewed the proposed fire prevention ordinance with Emergency Management Agency Director Tammy Humbert and fire chiefs. Celestine Fire Chief Ryan Wineinger said that it also has to be reviewed and approved by the Indiana Fire Prevention & Building Safety Commission. While the standards are in state code, a local ordinance is needed to enforce the rules listed in the ordinance, he said.
• Hired LAN to work on Veterans Memorial Bridge on Newton Street for $81,770.
• Heard an update from Highway Supervisor Steve Berg on work being done at the Ferdinand recycling site. The gates and concrete pad have been installed. The compactor is supposed to be installed today, weather permitting.
• Learned that Dubois County’s census response rate is at 77.2%. The county ranks No. 1 in the state and is tied for No. 17 in the United States.
• Heard that they must work on their 2021 budget in late June or early July.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Jasper native and saxophonist Lindsey Welp returns to her hometown on June 25 at 6 p.m. for an...
The old Sternberg Furniture building, which has been dim and empty for the past few years, was...
After a year of being shut down due to COVID-19, the Spirit of Jasper train is set to run again...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday another COVID-19-related death in...
Miss Ohio Valley Priscilla Olson, 22, of Ireland will compete next week in Zionsville for the...
Parents, guardians and babysitters, have no fear — summer in Dubois County is going to be full...
Jasper Community Arts is presenting the artwork of installation artist Kristina Arnold for the...
“How’s your ankle?” she says, demonstrating her daily concern about my wicked ankle twist.