Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersMarch 17, 2020
The Dubois County Commissioners met Monday and:
• Passed a resolution and heard about preparations concerning COVID-19 and county facilities. A story is in today’s paper.
• Consented to the Keep Ireland Beautiful group’s plan to make sidewalk improvements on the west side of County Road 500 West from State Road 36 to South Street in Ireland.
• Received a proposed fire prevention ordinance from the county’s fire chiefs and county emergency management department. The commissioners plan to discuss the proposal at their April 6 meeting.
• Agreed to rent a compactor for the Ferdinand recycling site from Tower Compactor Rentals for $310 per month.
• Approved the highway department’s annual report and decided to talk about the 2020 paving plan during their April 6 meeting.
• Accepted a framed resolution from the Indiana General Assembly recognizing the county’s 200th anniversary, which was celebrated in 2018.
• Approved Girls on the Run’s request to use a portion of Ackerman Road near Portersville Road from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday, April 25.
• Gave Russ Friedman permission to use the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse property for a rally concerning the Mid-States Corridor. The group, who is opposed to the project, has permission to gather between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 2, as well as use electricity and work out arrangements with the custodian to use the courthouse restroom during that time.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Students and families in Dubois County can expect to end the school year completing assignments...
Though her stay in Dubois didn’t end as planned, Frida Hansson’s time as an exchange student...
The Dubois County Health Department is warning the public about potential risk exposure...
As the Dubois County Health Department confirmed today, the fourth positive case of novel...
The Stiles home in Jasper has become a family-centered hub of e-learning since schools and...
Jasper Middle School students in Brent Seibert’s seventh- and eighth-grade math classes were...
Local school leadership teams are meeting today to develop plans for continued instruction, and...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms today the fourth positive case of novel coronavirus...