Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersMarch 17, 2020
The Dubois County Commissioners met Monday and:
• Passed a resolution and heard about preparations concerning COVID-19 and county facilities. A story is in today’s paper.
• Consented to the Keep Ireland Beautiful group’s plan to make sidewalk improvements on the west side of County Road 500 West from State Road 36 to South Street in Ireland.
• Received a proposed fire prevention ordinance from the county’s fire chiefs and county emergency management department. The commissioners plan to discuss the proposal at their April 6 meeting.
• Agreed to rent a compactor for the Ferdinand recycling site from Tower Compactor Rentals for $310 per month.
• Approved the highway department’s annual report and decided to talk about the 2020 paving plan during their April 6 meeting.
• Accepted a framed resolution from the Indiana General Assembly recognizing the county’s 200th anniversary, which was celebrated in 2018.
• Approved Girls on the Run’s request to use a portion of Ackerman Road near Portersville Road from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday, April 25.
• Gave Russ Friedman permission to use the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse property for a rally concerning the Mid-States Corridor. The group, who is opposed to the project, has permission to gather between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 2, as well as use electricity and work out arrangements with the custodian to use the courthouse restroom during that time.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday five new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday nine new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Becky Hickman has always enjoyed helping people succeed by connecting them to resources.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday five new COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
A Birdseye man was flown to an Evansville hospital with a head injury after his pickup truck...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 12 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
Former Herald photographer Marlena Sloss was named 2020 Indiana Photographer of the Year this...