Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersSeptember 17, 2019
The Dubois County Commissioners met Monday and:
• Approved adding a new deputy position to the Dubois County Sheriff’s Office that would be a school resource officer for the Southeast Dubois County School Corporation.
• Discussed ordinances concerning firearms in county buildings and yard waste on county roads.
• Heard from County Highway Engineer Brent Wendholt that the speed limit may need to be lowered on Ferdinand Road East east of Ferdinand. He is investigating, though preliminary reviews warrant the need to lower the speed limit from 45 to 35 miles per hour, he said. There is a concern about potential accidents in the area, with the new nursing home being built and the current traffic in the area from businesses and residences. Wendholt said he will likely present a recommendation to the commissioners at their Oct. 7 meeting.
• Learned that the cleanup work on 4119 and 4161 W. County Road 400N has been substantially completed. Shawn Werner, environmental health specialist for the Dubois County Health Department, said that Michael Schepers has removed the mobile home and almost all of the debris on the properties.
• Heard that a new drive lane has been constructed at the Ferdinand recycling center. Now traffic can sit on the lane to access the site, which keeps traffic from backing up on Ferdinand Road Northwest, Highway Supervisor Steve Berg said.
• Approved organizers using a portion of County Road 100 South and Old Huntingburg Road for the Heartland Half Marathon, which will be held Saturday. The race will start at 7:30 a.m.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s newest marquee attraction is the first of its kind — a...
The county's plan for reopening will follow the state's plan.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today one new COVID-19 case.
A little bowtie-clad hamster named Harry Hugger is here to teach children about the COVID-19...
Dubois County Democratic Chairman Mike Kendall said he still stands behind Mikayla Granados’...
The Dubois County Health Department today reported no new COVID-19 cases.
In just under a year, the Tri-County YMCA in Ferdinand will be 50% larger. It held a...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today two new COVID-19 cases.