Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersMay 21, 2019
The Dubois County Commissioners met Monday and:
• Approved a contract with Quality Correctional Care for inmates’ health services, which will include daily nurse visits.
• Set a public hearing for the security center study, which will be available for public view next week. The hearing will be at 6 p.m. Monday, June 3, in the Jasper Common Council Chambers on the second floor of Jasper City Hall, 610 Main St. The plan, which will show options for either expanding and improving the security center or constructing a new facility, will be available for the public to review no later than next week. Copies will be placed at the auditor’s and sheriff’s offices and online on the county’s website, www.duboiscountyin.org.
• Approved hiring Jeryco Burris as a new 911 dispatcher. Burris has experience working for the Loogootee Police Department, 911 Director Jeana Mathies said. Burris will replace Mark Kroeger, who was in training but decided to resign.
• Hired McCain Brothers to remove the old equipment building near the county highway garage for $5,400, and Graber Post Buildings to construct a new one for $63,770.
• Gave the Dubois County Health Department permission to apply for a $25,000 health preparedness grant from the Indiana Department of Health, which would be used for a part-time preparedness coordination clerk. The person would handle different tasks that need to be done, like updating emergency manuals and memorandum of understanding documents, and preparing trainings for staff, said Jo Ann Spaulding, administrative director of the county health department.
• Approved the St. Henry Community Club's request to use portions of County Roads 1100 West, 200 South, 1000 South and 100 South from 7 to 10 a.m. Saturday, June 15, for its annual walk/run.
• Approved the Dubois County 4-H Council’s request to use a truck and trailer, road grader, and front-end loader during the 4-H Fair, which will be held July 15 to 21.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 24 new positive COVID-19 cases.
The nun serving as the Spanish language interpreter for the Dubois County Courts will tell you...
The four school corporations worked together to secure funding for 15 stop-arm cameras that were...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 18 new positive COVID-19 cases.
Later this month, Bryce Conway will begin working as the group’s event coordinator.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today three new positive COVID-19 cases.
Was it a sign? The way this year has been going, should we be surprised that a Jasper creek...
Burgess and Courtney Heberer founded Santa Claus Exterior Cleaning after they discovered a new...