Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersDecember 4, 2018
The Dubois County Commissioners met Monday and:
• Approved the holiday hours for the Dubois, Ferdinand, Huntingburg, Ireland and Jasper sanitation sites as 8 a.m. to noon on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, which are Mondays. They also approved closing the sites on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, which are Tuesdays. Since sanitation sites are also closed on Wednesdays, the commissioners agreed to add an extra person to the Dubois, Ferdinand, Huntingburg, Ireland and Jasper sites on Thursday, Dec. 27, and agreed to give Highway Supervisor Steve Berg an extra person at the Huntingburg, Ireland and Jasper sites on Friday, Dec. 28 if needed.
• Heard that two of the three people applying for the 911 director position would be interviewed. A recommendation on who to hire should come to the commissioners at their next meeting, said Commissioner Chad Blessinger, who sits on the 911 board. The new director would start training on Feb. 1. Current Director Janice Love plans to retire at the end of March. The next commissioners meeting will start at 8:30 a.m. Monday, Dec. 17, in the commissioners/council room on the second floor of the Dubois County Courthouse Annex, 602 Main St., Jasper.
• Decided to request that Sheriff Donny Lampert bring back the quotes he received for replacing the chiller at the security center, so that the commissioners can choose a company to do the work. The Dubois County Council approved funding for the purchase last week.
• Heard that requests have been made for a school bus stop sign on county Road 300 North and a guardrail on Holland Road East near State Road 161. Those requests are being studied, County Engineer Brent Wendholt said.
• Decided to review information about the benefits of creating a comprehensive capital improvement plan for county government.
• Approved annual bids for materials the county highway department will buy to use throughout 2019, such as pipe, concrete and stone.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The double-nickel age is just days away. Fifty-five. That’s old.
Next weekend, Actors Community Theatre will bring "These Shining Lives" to life.
Wade Pierce believes there’s a beer out there for everybody. Perhaps you haven’t found your...
This weekend marks the third weekend of November, and in Ferdinand that means the Olde World is...
This is your chance to say you knew them before they were famous. Their journey started at Dance...
This semester, 28 students are enrolled in the Career Advancement Partnership program at...
A chorus of stomps sounded in Dana Howard’s preschool class at Holy Trinity Catholic School...
Three seldomly used Jasper parks will be stripped of their equipment and decommissioned in the...