Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersNovember 19, 2018
The Dubois County Commissioners met Monday and:
• Learned that Julie Greener has made substantial progress on cleaning up the property she owns at 571 E. County Road 300N. The house has been torn down and seven dumpsters of debris have been removed. She needs to get rid of four inoperable vehicles and the trailer. Greener said it is her hope that the pole barn can be salvaged and that the other salvageable items can be placed inside.
• Heard that a contracted company removed the debris, weeds and overgrown vegetation on the property Virginia Seifrig owns at 4007 W. County Road 400N. A bill of the costs will be compiled and sent to Seifrig, County Highway Superintendent Steve Berg said.
• Hired Emily Lewis of Milltown as the newest 911 dispatcher. Lewis has six and a half years of dispatch experience, 911 Director Janice Love said.
• Heard that the Indiana Department of Transportation has not yet contacted Berg about adding railroad crossing arms at the crossing at County Road 600 West. Berg also said that he plans to have workers smooth out the pavement at tracks to make it smoother for drivers.
• Approved a request to use sections of Old Huntingburg Road and County Road 100 South from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Feb. 16 for the annual Cupid’s Dash.
• Decided to meet at 8:30 a.m. Monday to discuss hiring a new county attorney. Current attorney Art Nordhoff will resign at the end of the year.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Priests in training, monks and other volunteers provide firewood for families that need it most.
Many organizations in the area help others enjoy the holidays or need help with fundraising and...
Expanding the Dubois County’s jail facility and possibly other departments in the justice...
A local ice cream shop will soon have a new home.
It was a holly, jolly evening at the OFS Brands headquarters in Huntingburg Wednesday evening.
The steps Br. Martin Erspamer takes to create his art are straightforward. The underlying...
Santa’s chief elf and one of Santa Claus’ beloved matriarchs will be on "The Kelly Clarkson...
The last several weeks of work on the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center can be summed up in one word:...