Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersSeptember 5, 2018
The Dubois County Commissioners met Tuesday and:
• Approved installing a culvert and repairing County Road County Road 100 West near the Huntingburg Conservation Club. A full story can be found here.
• Opened bids for improvements to and the widening of County Road 800 West. Knies Construction Inc., was the lone bid at $113,500. The bid was taken under advisement and later approved at the meeting.
• Heard from a concerned citizen who requested that a 1.1-mile stretch of County Road West 800 South in Cass Township be paved or chipped and sealed. The commissioners said that for the stretch of road to join a list of roads in line for similar work, the commissioners would need right-of-way dedications from property owners.
• Saw a demonstration of a website application that could be linked to the county’s website that tracks capital assets inventory, tax information and more. The application comes with an annual fee of $4,000 per year.
• Approved two invoices for a total of more than $3,000 for work on the Huntingburg railroad overpass project.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
At an age when most women decide to retire from the sport, Joanie Mundy of Huntingburg decided...
Recently, I came to terms with the fact that I am a son who’ll never be as successful as his...
From 1952 to 1956, Herb Welp was surrounded by nature unlike the kind found in Southwest...
When Tanner Kane went to his first rodeo, he thought he was just going to watch.
The Rotary Club of Jasper, hosting its eighth annual ATHENA International Leadership Award...
Doctors are unsure how Brian Arensman contracted the flesh-eating bacteria that took both his...
Jason Stamm recognizes the region has a need for a new baseball league: one that would offer...
The administrative team at Southeast Dubois Schools will welcome two new members this fall when...