Meeting: Dubois County CommissionersJanuary 19, 2021
The Dubois County Commissioners met Tuesday and:
• Learned that Highway Assistant Clerk Wanda Beck will retire in April. After thanking Beck for her 30 years of service, the commissioners directed Highway Superintendent Steve Berg to seek someone to fill her position; this person would be hired a month before Beck retires, to shadow her and learn the job.
• Approved transferring $40,000 in the highway department’s budget from the gas/oil/diesel line item to equipment line item so that the department can purchase an asphalt roller compactor. Berg will talk to the Dubois County Council on Monday about the purchase request.
• Said that they aren’t keen on the idea of making $50,000 in upgrades to the Dubois County Courthouse bathroom facility so that it can be open to the public during times the courthouse is closed. If the city could tell them why this is needed, they are willing to listen, Commissioners President Chad Blessinger said.
• Approved having a wall installed in the county recorder’s office, which will create an additional room that can be used as an office or for Zoom calls. The $4,200 cost will be covered by the recorder’s perpetual fund.
• Declared as junk a pneumatic impact wrench and adding machine as junk.
• Agreed to the annual disbursement of court fees collected for substance abuse prevention going to the Dubois County Substance Abuse Council. The 2021 allotment of $34,660 will be used for funding the council gives in four categories: prevention/education, treatment/intervention, criminal justice services, and administrative. Organizations that have projects that fall under the first three categories can apply for grant funding, said Jenna Bieker, substance abuse council coordinator. For information, contact the council at email@example.com.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
This year is the 40th anniversary of the Herbstfest.
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Little and Junior Miss Queen Pageant is set for 7:30 p.m. Friday...
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants were Sunday at the...
Renovation plans for the Southwest Dubois County School Corporation, including a new athletic...
A recommended route for the Mid-States Corridor project is still on track to be identified by...
The construction of a multi-million dollar aquatic center in Jasper is still a long ways away,...
The Holland Community Festival returns this weekend with a new theme that’s so straightforward...
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants are set for Sunday, Sept....