Meeting: Dubois County Airport AuthorityMay 12, 2020
The Dubois County Airport Authority met Monday and:
• Heard that the airport has been awarded a $69,000 CARES Act grant. The grant can be used for different airport needs, such as operating expenses, payroll, debt service, long-term contracts, easements and capital improvement projects. The board directed Airport Manager Travis McQueen to suggest a plan for using the grant funding. The grant must be used over the next four years.
• Reviewed a conceptual design for a new terminal building.
• Agreed to review a memorandum of understanding that would allow PHI Air Medical to enter into a sublease with Kimball International to use 40% of its hangar space. PHI Air Medical is looking to relocate its emergency medical helicopter to the Kimball hangar. In the MOU, the airport would reduce Kimball’s lease cost by 40%, and PHI would use the space at no charge, and would cover all the costs of construction to make the area usable for the medical helicopter service.
• Heard that the second half of the 180-foot tunnel is being installed today. The tunnel is part of the runway extension project that is underway.
• Hired Appalachia Foothills Contracting of Kentucky to do electrical work for phase two of the runway extension for $720,000.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday three new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The property swap agreement between the City of Huntingburg and the Southwest Dubois County...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company donated $25,000 to Southwestern Indiana Child Advocacy...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Kyle and Jamie Jahn’s lives are full of nonstop, behind-the-scenes activity.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday two new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Vaccine #2 is in the books. I got my second Moderna shot Saturday afternoon. And I had less of a...
Angie Ruxer’s kindergartners hover around her on their Strider bikes — beginner's bikes...