Meeting: Dubois County Airport AuthorityMay 12, 2020
The Dubois County Airport Authority met Monday and:
• Heard that the airport has been awarded a $69,000 CARES Act grant. The grant can be used for different airport needs, such as operating expenses, payroll, debt service, long-term contracts, easements and capital improvement projects. The board directed Airport Manager Travis McQueen to suggest a plan for using the grant funding. The grant must be used over the next four years.
• Reviewed a conceptual design for a new terminal building.
• Agreed to review a memorandum of understanding that would allow PHI Air Medical to enter into a sublease with Kimball International to use 40% of its hangar space. PHI Air Medical is looking to relocate its emergency medical helicopter to the Kimball hangar. In the MOU, the airport would reduce Kimball’s lease cost by 40%, and PHI would use the space at no charge, and would cover all the costs of construction to make the area usable for the medical helicopter service.
• Heard that the second half of the 180-foot tunnel is being installed today. The tunnel is part of the runway extension project that is underway.
• Hired Appalachia Foothills Contracting of Kentucky to do electrical work for phase two of the runway extension for $720,000.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday two more COVID-19-related...
Four-year-old Charlie Schnarr of Jasper was diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare type of...
Susan Gossett wants more people to be able to go to faraway places right in the comfort of their...
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts created when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 44 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Hoosier National Forest seeks information from the public about an area south of Paoli in...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 50 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Jasper Volunteer Fire Department celebrated its 125th anniversary Wednesday.