Meeting: Dubois County Airport AuthorityMay 12, 2020
The Dubois County Airport Authority met Monday and:
• Heard that the airport has been awarded a $69,000 CARES Act grant. The grant can be used for different airport needs, such as operating expenses, payroll, debt service, long-term contracts, easements and capital improvement projects. The board directed Airport Manager Travis McQueen to suggest a plan for using the grant funding. The grant must be used over the next four years.
• Reviewed a conceptual design for a new terminal building.
• Agreed to review a memorandum of understanding that would allow PHI Air Medical to enter into a sublease with Kimball International to use 40% of its hangar space. PHI Air Medical is looking to relocate its emergency medical helicopter to the Kimball hangar. In the MOU, the airport would reduce Kimball’s lease cost by 40%, and PHI would use the space at no charge, and would cover all the costs of construction to make the area usable for the medical helicopter service.
• Heard that the second half of the 180-foot tunnel is being installed today. The tunnel is part of the runway extension project that is underway.
• Hired Appalachia Foothills Contracting of Kentucky to do electrical work for phase two of the runway extension for $720,000.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday another COVID-19-related death in Dubois...
Ken Buck has lived and breathed parks and recreation for the past 47 years.
I have a lot to be thankful for in 2020 despite the merciless pandemic that has left global...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported 83 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County since...
The crisp air and colorful leaves of fall bring our favorite traditions of the season.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 38 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Those who celebrate Christmas have debated for decades over the ideal time to decorate. Some say...
Steve Schwinghamer will be Huntingburg’s new leader. He was elected mayor by a caucus of...