Meeting: Contractual Library BoardJanuary 11, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Elected officers for 2019. The officers are: Kathy Tretter, president; Tamara Kiefer, vice president; Steve Scott, secretary; and Phil Tolbert treasurer.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting to discuss the library’s investments. They are doing well and earning returns. The Jasper Public Library Board did the same.
• Heard that the library system set up a grant committee to find and apply for grants. They have also received a few grants recently for various training programs.
• Heard that the MyHeritage database has gotten good reviews since it launched earlier this month.
• Heard that the library is reviewing the databases it offers. Library Director Christine Golden said the library will likely drop Freegal, which offered free music downloads with a library card. With the popularity of music streaming, usage of the database has fallen by about 50 percent in the last year. Since it’s one of the most expensive databases — $6,000 annually — Golden said she can’t justify keeping it.
• Heard that the Dubois branch is interviewing several candidates for the adult programming director position since Gayle Edelen moved to the Ferdinand branch.
• Heard that 2020 will be the 10-year anniversary of the Ferdinand branch’s opening, with the 10-year anniversary for the Dubois branch coming in 2021.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
State Sen. Mark Messmer, R-Jasper, has been a strong proponent of getting broadband service to...
When retired Forest Park Junior-Senior High School teacher Nate Schnellenberger passed away...
For about 25 years, Bob Zimmerman has preserved a lost chapter of history at the Lincoln Boyhood...
When Logan and Alicia Clark moved to Celestine in 2011, they had dreams of their children some...
Though summer officially begins Friday, kids have been out of school and hopping around the...
Woodcrest Capital of Forth Worth, Texas, has purchased the Jasper Manor Shopping Center located...
Rain has pounded Dubois County this week but stopped just in time Tuesday night to bring out a...
Celestine Elementary will close after the 2019-20 school year.