Meeting: Birdseye Town CouncilJuly 6, 2020
The Birdseye Town Council met Thursday and:
• Heard a monthly report from new Utility Superintendent Joey Schwartz who reported that contractors hired last month have painted and repaired the base of the town water tower and water pressure issues in the Mentor area are being investigated.
• Discussed options with Town Marshal Benton Stroud for acquiring a body camera for the department.
• Heard the park board had reorganized with Pork Zehr as president, Amber Stroud as vice president and Mackenzie Zehr as vice president.
• Heard planning continues for an annual Birdseye Town Picnic but it has yet to be determined if it will be in the traditional format or meals available on a drive-thru basis. Much will depend on the situation with COVID-19 at the time, said Clerk-Treasurer Brittany Schepers. It is tentatively scheduled for Friday and Saturday, Aug. 21 and 22, and will be preceded by an annual cruise Sunday, Aug. 16.
• Held a work session on the proposed, hold-the-line 2021 budget. The only changes were additional money — $150 total — to handle higher monthly phone bills and increasing the town council president’s monthly meeting pay by $30.
• Accepted a thank-you from resident Mary Ann Enlow who told council members and the town marshal she appreciated the decision to place an additional street light on town property near Third Street senior apartments where incidents of mischief had occurred.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.
Paintings and sculptures depicting community life are being created in a local, but temporary,...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...
Demolition of the former Ditto Sales building at the Y-intersection of U.S. 231 and State Road...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter has announced the promotion of Master Trooper...
On an otherwise quiet Saturday afternoon on the Dubois County Courthouse Square, a group of...
Rose Ann (Haas) and the late Charlie Glendening were presented with the Celestine Distinguished...