Meeting: Birdseye Town CouncilMay 3, 2019
The Birdseye Town Council met Thursday and:
• Approved paying Mike Huddleston $1,387 to install a new water valve west of town, near Schnellville Road and State Road 64. Huddleston is the head of English’s water utility and is also under retainer by Birdseye for some certified water testing and reporting.
• Utility Superintendent Bob Morrow reported that a leak repaired Monday after a brief outage showed the need to replace another valve in the vicinity of Oak Street and State Road 64 in town.
• Announced that spring hydrant flushing will begin next week and continue the following week.
• Heard from Birdseye Park Board member Jason “Pork” Zehr that this summer’s car show in conjunction with the town picnic will move to Third Street, putting it closer to the center of town.
• Continued work to update the town’s park ordinance.
• Authorized Councilwoman Mary Ann Cummings and Utility Clerk Donna King to update the town’s code book. There have been 21 new ordinances approved since it was last updated in 1999.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...