Meeting: Birdseye Town CouncilMay 3, 2019
The Birdseye Town Council met Thursday and:
• Approved paying Mike Huddleston $1,387 to install a new water valve west of town, near Schnellville Road and State Road 64. Huddleston is the head of English’s water utility and is also under retainer by Birdseye for some certified water testing and reporting.
• Utility Superintendent Bob Morrow reported that a leak repaired Monday after a brief outage showed the need to replace another valve in the vicinity of Oak Street and State Road 64 in town.
• Announced that spring hydrant flushing will begin next week and continue the following week.
• Heard from Birdseye Park Board member Jason “Pork” Zehr that this summer’s car show in conjunction with the town picnic will move to Third Street, putting it closer to the center of town.
• Continued work to update the town’s park ordinance.
• Authorized Councilwoman Mary Ann Cummings and Utility Clerk Donna King to update the town’s code book. There have been 21 new ordinances approved since it was last updated in 1999.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
At an age when most women decide to retire from the sport, Joanie Mundy of Huntingburg decided...
Recently, I came to terms with the fact that I am a son who’ll never be as successful as his...
From 1952 to 1956, Herb Welp was surrounded by nature unlike the kind found in Southwest...
When Tanner Kane went to his first rodeo, he thought he was just going to watch.
The Rotary Club of Jasper, hosting its eighth annual ATHENA International Leadership Award...
Doctors are unsure how Brian Arensman contracted the flesh-eating bacteria that took both his...
Jason Stamm recognizes the region has a need for a new baseball league: one that would offer...
The administrative team at Southeast Dubois Schools will welcome two new members this fall when...