Meeting: Birdseye Town CouncilMay 3, 2019
The Birdseye Town Council met Thursday and:
• Approved paying Mike Huddleston $1,387 to install a new water valve west of town, near Schnellville Road and State Road 64. Huddleston is the head of English’s water utility and is also under retainer by Birdseye for some certified water testing and reporting.
• Utility Superintendent Bob Morrow reported that a leak repaired Monday after a brief outage showed the need to replace another valve in the vicinity of Oak Street and State Road 64 in town.
• Announced that spring hydrant flushing will begin next week and continue the following week.
• Heard from Birdseye Park Board member Jason “Pork” Zehr that this summer’s car show in conjunction with the town picnic will move to Third Street, putting it closer to the center of town.
• Continued work to update the town’s park ordinance.
• Authorized Councilwoman Mary Ann Cummings and Utility Clerk Donna King to update the town’s code book. There have been 21 new ordinances approved since it was last updated in 1999.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Fifty years ago, Northwood Retirement Community opened in Jasper as Northwood Good Samaritan Center.
A dedication ceremony for the Ferdinand Veterans Memorial, constructed on the north side of town...
There’s more to Young Life than fostering faith. Teens build lifelong relationships with...
We’re still in the thick of spring, but there’s something about the upcoming Old Jasper Day...
Indiana’s Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch walked around Market Street Park with Huntingburg Mayor...
The feasibility study on options for expanding the Dubois County Security Center and addressing...
Crossroads Behavioral Health in the former St. Joseph's Hospital building in Huntingburg, will...
St. Joseph Catholic Church’s Father Ray Brenner will celebrate the 50th anniversary of his...