Meeting: Birdseye Town CouncilMay 3, 2019
The Birdseye Town Council met Thursday and:
• Approved paying Mike Huddleston $1,387 to install a new water valve west of town, near Schnellville Road and State Road 64. Huddleston is the head of English’s water utility and is also under retainer by Birdseye for some certified water testing and reporting.
• Utility Superintendent Bob Morrow reported that a leak repaired Monday after a brief outage showed the need to replace another valve in the vicinity of Oak Street and State Road 64 in town.
• Announced that spring hydrant flushing will begin next week and continue the following week.
• Heard from Birdseye Park Board member Jason “Pork” Zehr that this summer’s car show in conjunction with the town picnic will move to Third Street, putting it closer to the center of town.
• Continued work to update the town’s park ordinance.
• Authorized Councilwoman Mary Ann Cummings and Utility Clerk Donna King to update the town’s code book. There have been 21 new ordinances approved since it was last updated in 1999.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department confirms six more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
As days, weeks and months of social distancing push ahead into an uncertain future, meaningful...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms four more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
Although park facilities — with the exception of playgrounds — were cleared to reopen last...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today a third COVID-19-related death in the county.
Zax Creamery — formerly Big Olaf Creamery — is set to launch in a new north side location on...
Heritage Hills High School graduated 138 in the Class of 2020 this month when e-learning came to...
What will summer look like for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari under the cloud of COVID-19?