Meeting: Birdseye Town CouncilMay 3, 2019
The Birdseye Town Council met Thursday and:
• Approved paying Mike Huddleston $1,387 to install a new water valve west of town, near Schnellville Road and State Road 64. Huddleston is the head of English’s water utility and is also under retainer by Birdseye for some certified water testing and reporting.
• Utility Superintendent Bob Morrow reported that a leak repaired Monday after a brief outage showed the need to replace another valve in the vicinity of Oak Street and State Road 64 in town.
• Announced that spring hydrant flushing will begin next week and continue the following week.
• Heard from Birdseye Park Board member Jason “Pork” Zehr that this summer’s car show in conjunction with the town picnic will move to Third Street, putting it closer to the center of town.
• Continued work to update the town’s park ordinance.
• Authorized Councilwoman Mary Ann Cummings and Utility Clerk Donna King to update the town’s code book. There have been 21 new ordinances approved since it was last updated in 1999.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
With Halloween quickly approaching here is a list of Halloween events and local trick-or-treat...
That old building, the one that sits at the only stoplight in Ireland, has become Bret...
The Dubois County Community Foundation has committed $150,000 to the Tri-County YMCA’s expansion.
When Jerry Hunefeld joined the Dubois County Council in 1974, he had no idea what the job...
This year is the Dubois County Park’s 50th anniversary — five decades of providing a...
Holland, Ferdinand and Lincoln Trail elementaries were all named a 2019 National Blue Ribbon School.
The Southridge Marching Raider Band’s color guard program has been a highlight of the group...
Ferdinand’s 18th Street Park will once again transform into a medieval land this weekend for...