McDonald's still in the works for HuntingburgFebruary 28, 2020
By CANDY NEAL
HUNTINGBURG — McDonald’s is looking to construct a restaurant in Huntingburg in 2021.
But, according to the development group who owns the property, the public should not get too excited yet since the plan is not yet set in stone.
“I wouldn’t hold my breath,” said Mike Uebelhor of Uebelhor Developments, “because they may change it again.”
Uebelhor Developments owns the property destined for the fastfood restaurant, at the southwest corner of Main and Sixth streets, also known as U.S. 231 and State Road 64. The Huntingburg company will continue to own the property. McDonald’s started leasing the land from the company this year, Uebelhor said.
Restaurant officials did not tell Uebelhor when construction would start next year.
“They said the construction has been pushed back to sometime in 2021,” he said. “It’s been one delay after another.”
McDonald’s representatives told city officials back in 2018 that construction would start in 2019 or 2020. The company received permits in 2018 for what was to be a $1.5 million project. Construction documents for a McDonald's restaurant in Huntingburg were also filed with the Indiana Department of Homeland Security that year.
“The Huntingburg, Indiana area remains a viable option for a McDonald’s location," a McDonald's spokesperson told The Herald last August. "However, there are no definitive details or timelines to disclose at this time.” The Herald has reached out to McDonald's again for another updated.
Huntingburg Planning Director Paul Lake said that if the company is looking to build next year, it will likely need to renew permits. The company has not yet done that, he said, but it could be done later this year and still be ready for 2021 construction.
The land is the former site of a Marathon gas station that was demolished years ago.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
With a set of twins and triplets and six other kids, Adam and Nikkia Anders of Birdseye never...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 12 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
It all started with a path through the woods. Just over 20 years ago, Dave Buehler’s vision...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 19 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
Plans for creating a countywide trail master plan are slowly progressing.
After receiving a favorable recommendation from the Jasper Utility Service Board earlier this...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday Dubois County's 26th COVID-19 death,...
A women’s recovery home could come to Jasper’s east side.