Man gets 43 years for shooting outside LegionDecember 8, 2020
By The Associated Press
EVANSVILLE — A southwestern Indiana man convicted of shooting five people last year outside an American Legion post has been sentenced to 43 years in prison for the attack.
Keymo Johnson, 38, was sentenced Monday in the shooting, which authorities said came shortly after the Evansville man got into a fight with one of the later shooting victims inside the American Legion post's bar, the Evansville Courier & Press reported.
A Vanderburgh County jury convicted Johnson in November on six felony counts, including aggravated battery and battery by means of a deadly weapon, and two misdemeanors in the shooting early on Oct. 6, 2019, at the legion hall near downtown Evansville.
Prosecutors said Johnson was told to leave the Legion post’s bar after he got into a fight with one of the people he later shot. He was in the post’s parking lot when that person exited the bar with several others and Johnson allegedly drew a gun from his waistband and began firing.
Five people were wounded, with three of them suffering serious injuries. The two others had minor injuries and refused medical care.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday five new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday nine new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Becky Hickman has always enjoyed helping people succeed by connecting them to resources.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday five new COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
A Birdseye man was flown to an Evansville hospital with a head injury after his pickup truck...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 12 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
Former Herald photographer Marlena Sloss was named 2020 Indiana Photographer of the Year this...