Local voters to decide on eight Spencer County racesOctober 30, 2018
By ALLEN LAMAN
In addition to voting on federal and state positions like U.S. Senator and Indiana Secretary of State, Spencer County voters will also cast votes in a handful of contested county, town, township and school board races.
Democrat Dan Wilkinson and Republican Victor Ippoliti are running against each other for the Prosecuting Attorney of Spencer County, 84th Judicial Circuit. Republican Autumn Goodman Winkler and Democrat Eleisha Kay Shelton are competing for the Spencer County Auditor position.
In the Spencer County Sheriff race, Democrat Kellene “Kelli” Reinke and Republican Kermitt L. Lindsey are facing off. Republican Rachel Gentry and Democrat Chris Anderson are vying for Spencer County Coroner.
In the Spencer County Council District 3 race, Democrat Todd Grundhoefer and Republican Jack Kroeger are the candidates on the ballot. In the Spencer County Council District 1 race, Democrat Matt Hayko and Republican Steve Haaf are running.
Republicans Michael Johannes and Jason Little are running for a seat on the Santa Claus Town Council.
Non-partisans Brian S. Gehlhausen, Lahna Mulzer, Anna Oxley and David Waninger are running for election to seats on the North Spencer School Board in their respective townships.
Spencer County voters will also vote on positions like Indiana Auditor of State, Indiana Treasurer of State, United States Representative and Indiana State Representative.
Other local races include:
• U.S. Senate (Mike Braun / Lucy Brenton / Joe Donnelly)
• District 8 U.S. Representative (Larry Bucshon / William Tanoos)
• Indiana Senate 47 (Erin Houchin / Nick Siler)
• Indiana House 63 (Joe Lannan / Shane Lindauer)
• Indiana House 74 (Steve Bartels / Larry Kleeman)
• Dubois County Sheriff (Tom Kleinhelter / Tim Lampert)
• Dubois County Clerk (Amy Kippenbrock / Kiersten Knies)
• Dubois County Recorder (Jackie McPherron / Gail Reutman)
• Dubois County Assessor (Eve Drew / Angie Giesler)
• Dubois County Council District 2 (Becky Beckman / Darren Patterson)
• Dubois County Council District 3 (Charmain Klem / Deborah Major)
• Cass Township Advisory Board (Lee Bilderback / Randy Boehm / Steve Eckert / Lisa Matthews)
• Patoka Township Trustee (Don Astrike / Jeff Summers)
• Madison Township Trustee (Scott Blazey / Brett Collignon)
• Southwest Dubois School Board (Jason Heile / Belinda Lange)
• Greater Jasper School Board (Jimmy Corbin / Ken Schnaus)
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Southwest Dubois County School Board approved spending up to $5.5 million on renovations in...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday another COVID-19-related death in Dubois...
The Dubois County Health Department is working diligently to prevent further spread of COVID-19...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday one more COVID-19-related death in...
Despite the pandemic, the town of Ferdinand had a pretty good year in 2020, Town Council...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday two more COVID-19-related deaths in...
Joe Crutchfield, who has been sober for years, has been working for more than a year on starting...
The Dubois County Park Board has considered several matters for the park’s future.