Lightning strikes farmhouse TV antennaJune 20, 2019
From Local Sources
JASPER — Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded to three Wednesday callouts, beginning with an afternoon report of smoke in a residence.
That first call, at 5:28 p.m., sent the department to the Michael and Donna Haase residence at 3620 W. 400N.
Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said firefighters determined there had been a lightning strike involving the Haase TV antenna. There was some smoke in the home’s basement but the damage appeared limited to a television.
Four trucks and 26 firefighters were on the scene for an hour.
The Jasper Police Department and Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services assisted.
Then, at 8:19 p.m., the department answered an alarm activation at Jasper Seating Co., 305 E. 12th Ave.
Hochgesang said the problem was traced to a faulty flow switch on the building sprinkler system.
Five trucks and 23 firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.
Finally, at 9:05 p.m., firefighters went to the Hampton Inn, 355 Third Ave., after employees smelled smoke in an elevator.
Hochgesang said the problem was attributed to an overheating issue that a technician was called in to address.
Six trucks and 23 firefighters were on the scene 25 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The journey of milk from cow to ice cream cone is a short one in Dubois County, and it’s a...
With a new comprehensive plan approved, City of Jasper officials, board members and employees...
When Ronaldo Diaz Rodriguez and his nephew, Yonluy Alejo Acosta, immigrated to the United...
Tracy Lorey, superintendent of the Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools, was put in the spotlight...
The walls of Lucille (Baker) Rudolph’s room at Jasper’s Northwood Retirement Community are...
Unintentionally, the Older Americans Center has become one of Dubois County’s best-kept...
Jasper attorney John Collins clocks in every day knowing he has the ability to make a...
After two years battling stage 4 colorectal cancer, Jasper resident Mary France died in her bed...