Kitchen fire temporarily displaces family

Photo courtesy Jasper Volunteer Fire Department

From Local Sources

JASPER — A family on Jasper’s west side is temporarily staying elsewhere after a fire late Friday afternoon in their home’s kitchen.

The Jasper Volunteer Fire Department was called to the Eric Williams residence at 367 Daisy Lane at 5:51 p.m.

Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said neighborhood children heard smoke detectors and alerted an adult who reported the active house fire.

Hochgesang said the Williams family that includes two adults and two middle school-age children had left the home a couple of hours earlier. It appears the fire might have started after the stove was left on, according to the chief.

There was fire damage in the kitchen and heat and smoke damage elsewhere in the home.

Four trucks and 26 firefighters were on the scene two hours.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com