Kitchen fire temporarily displaces familyDecember 1, 2018
From Local Sources
JASPER — A family on Jasper’s west side is temporarily staying elsewhere after a fire late Friday afternoon in their home’s kitchen.
The Jasper Volunteer Fire Department was called to the Eric Williams residence at 367 Daisy Lane at 5:51 p.m.
Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said neighborhood children heard smoke detectors and alerted an adult who reported the active house fire.
Hochgesang said the Williams family that includes two adults and two middle school-age children had left the home a couple of hours earlier. It appears the fire might have started after the stove was left on, according to the chief.
There was fire damage in the kitchen and heat and smoke damage elsewhere in the home.
Four trucks and 26 firefighters were on the scene two hours.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The last several weeks of work on the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center can be summed up in one word:...
As Dubois County Habitat for Humanity is planning the dedication of its newest home, it has set...
Sickbert was chosen out of an applicant pool of 83 candidates from all four high schools in...
At a national level, Builders Club aims to engage students ages 11 to 14 in service and...
While Christmas tree farms close across the state, the Scherles are pushing ahead.
The owners of Linda’s Nails have a lot of experience in the nail business.
Nestled in a dimly lit, cozy room on the second floor of the J. Herman building in Ferdinand,...
Eugene DeMotte is glad he served 20 years in the U.S. Army. But it wasn’t easy. There was a...