Jasper photographer takes top prize in ag contestAugust 17, 2018
From Local Sources
INDIANAPOLIS — Sean Brescher of Jasper was awarded one of the top overall prizes in the state's recent agricultural photo contest.
Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch and the Indiana State Department of Agriculture announced Thursday the winners of the 2018 Indiana Agriculture photo contest and Brescher's entry, named "All in," snagged a spot in the overall category.
The winning photographs will be displayed in the offices of the Lt. Governor’s Family of Business in Indianapolis.
“I want to congratulate this year’s winning photographers, who did an amazing job capturing the beauty of Indiana and our state’s agricultural industry,” Lt. Gov. Crouch said. “It’s an honor to display their photos in my offices, and I look forward to showcasing them throughout the year.”
The winning photos were chosen from hundreds of entries in the following four categories: Agritourism, Conservation, Faces of Agriculture and On the Farm.
Two winners were selected from each category, along with two winners overall.
To be considered, the photo had to be taken in the state by an Indiana resident. They were evaluated based on several elements of photography and how well they characterized their respective category.
“From families working on the farm to livestock grazing on a hillside, these photos really capture the essence of Indiana agriculture,” said Bruce Kettler, ISDA director. “Each photographer did a tremendous job this year, and it was a privilege to recognize these talented individuals at the Indiana State Fair.”
The following list includes the photo contest winners for 2018:
- “Milky Way Harvest” by Tom Jones from Star City, Ind.
- “All in” by Sean Brescher from Jasper, Ind.
- “Farm Market” by Steve Bensing from Valparaiso, Ind.
- “Bowsher Ford Bridge” by Peggy Carter from Chesterton, Ind.
- “Black Swallowtail Caterpillar” by Rebecca Cohrs from New Palestine, Ind.
- “All Your Ducks in a Row” by Ryan Jeske from Carmel, Ind.
Faces of Agriculture Category
- “Preparing for planting” by Kristen Daily from Elizabethtown, Ind.
- “If you give a bunny a strawberry” by Jacqueline Johnson from Frankfort, Ind.
On the Farm Category
- “Soybean Harvest” by Luke Schnitker from Seymour, Ind.
- “Just another day at the office” by Jacqueline Johnson from Frankfort, Ind.
To view the winning photos, click here.
Visit www.isda.in.gov to learn more about ISDA.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A man sentenced to death for the 2001 rape and murder of a 15-year-old Dale-area girl is suing...
Nancy Eckerle, executive director of the Jasper Chamber of Commerce, has announced her intention...
About a week after an architect recommended the eventual closure of Celestine Elementary,...
The St. Anthony Volunteer Fire Department closed out 2018 having bade adieu to three...