Jasper firefighters tackle multiple runsMay 19, 2020
From Local Sources
JASPER — Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department made two weekend runs and responded to a third callout Monday.
None involved fires.
The first callout, at 8:52 p.m. Friday, was to the Medical Arts Building, 800 W. Ninth St.
Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said a faulty smoke detector was found in a rooftop air make-up unit. Maintenance personnel corrected the issue and the alarm system was successfully reset.
Three trucks and 28 firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.
Then, at 5:13 p.m. Sunday, the department was notified of an activated smoke alarm at the Russell and Jana Clayton residence at 192 Macy Court.
Hochgesang said the cause was a bad smoke detector that the homeowner was to replace.
Three trucks and 23 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.
Finally, at 11:54 a.m. Monday, a passerby reported possible smoke coming from the Logan Kern residence at 1584 Division Road.
What was initially thought to be light smoke was determined to have been steam rising from the wet roof after the sun briefly appeared, according to Hochgesang.
Five trucks and 32 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.
Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Andrea Schwartz is dedicated to helping people live fulfillng lives on their own terms.
The Dubois Branch Library was a welcomed addition to the community. And now, 10 years later, the...
Northeast Dubois Superintendent Bill Hochgesang has enjoyed being superintendent in the school...
Lindsey Welp is a saxophonist performing at 6 p.m. June 25 at the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center.
Jasper native and saxophonist Lindsey Welp returns to her hometown on June 25 at 6 p.m. for an...
The old Sternberg Furniture building, which has been dim and empty for the past few years, was...
After a year of being shut down due to COVID-19, the Spirit of Jasper train is set to run again...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday another COVID-19-related death in...