Jasper fire department called after the factDecember 27, 2019
From Local Sources
JASPER — The Jasper Volunteer Fire Department’s chief responded Thursday afternoon to check a home where there had been a midnight fire not immediately reported to authorities.
Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said the fire at the Jonathan and Tina Hasenour residence at 1053 Chad Ave. started on a back deck where a heat lamp had been placed inside a dog box.
Hochgesang said the dog box burned and flames scorched the deck and soffit on the back of the house. There was also smoke damage in the attic.
Tina Hasenour said she, her husband and two children were asleep but her cousin living with them, Robert Schuler, noticed the fire and extinguished it with a garden hose.
The Hasenours later learned of the incident and contacted Hochgesang, who checked for hot spots.
Hochgesang estimated damage at about $3,000 and said the family was lucky the situation ended well.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported 83 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County since...
The crisp air and colorful leaves of fall bring our favorite traditions of the season.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 38 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Those who celebrate Christmas have debated for decades over the ideal time to decorate. Some say...
Steve Schwinghamer will be Huntingburg’s new leader. He was elected mayor by a caucus of...
State Sen. Erin Houchin, R-Salem, has been named 2020 Legislator of the Year by The Arc of...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday another COVID-19 death in Dubois...
Former Herald reporter Allen Laman reflects on his time in Dubois County.