Jasper closes city buildings to publicMarch 23, 2020
From Local Sources
JASPER — The City of Jasper has closed all city buildings to the public. Contact Jasper City Hall at 812-482-4255 with any questions.
During this time:
• City employees will be working and available to answer phone calls and emails. If there is essential business, it will be available by appointment only.
• Park Department playground equipment will be closed.
• All police, fire and emergency services will remain operational.
• Trash pickup will continue as usual, unless otherwise notified. We also ask that you please do not leave any additional “bulk” items outside at this time.
• Meetings such as City Council, Board of Works and Safety, etc., will continue as scheduled. The city is striving to balance generally applicable open-door laws with public health guidelines for large gatherings. Rules concerning conduct of public meetings are subject to change, as the city receives advice from national, state and local officials.
• Utility bills may be paid by mail, placed in the drop box outside of City Hall, or in the drive-thru located off Jackson Street.
Department phone numbers are: street department, 812-482-1130; park and recreation department, 812-482-5959; utility business office, 812-482-9131; gas and water department, 812-482-5252; electric department, 812-482-6881; wastewater department, 812-482-3277; arts department, 812-482-3070; police department, 812-482-2255; fire department, 812-482-1741; city hall (legal, engineering, planning, clerk-treasurer), 812-482-4255.
The city asks that you follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s preventive measures to help control and contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus, which includes limiting gatherings, keeping social distance from others, frequent hand washing and covering sneezes and coughs. For further information go to www.cdc.gov.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana State Department of Health announced today the second positive case of COVID-19 for a...
Balancing work while parenting in the time of coronavirus
The Dubois County Health Department is accepting donations of homemade face masks and other...
In this age of social distancing due to COVID-19, social media is helping to fill in the human...
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center has a plan for COVID-19, and has been working daily to...
Jasper Engines and Transmissions has converted one of its racing trailers into an alternate...
Tammy Lampert knows that Dubois County residents love to see old buildings repurposed and given...
Really, the process of distilling spirits and making hand sanitizer isn’t so different.