Ireland firefighters respond to gas-smell report

From Local Sources

IRELAND — A report of the smell of natural gas inside a residence sent the Ireland Volunteer Fire Department to the east side of Ireland on Sunday afternoon.

The 2:23 p.m. call was to the 2381 N. 460W home of Adam and Kelli Schmitt. Fire Chief Stan Seifert said firefighters who used a multi-gas detector and checked all appliances were able to report the house checked clear.

One truck and seven firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com