Indiana man accused of posting Trump threatsApril 19, 2019
By The Associated Press
HAMMOND — Federal charges have been filed against an Indiana man who authorities say threatened to shoot President Donald Trump in Facebook posts.
The indictment says 20-year-Steffon Gonzalez posted on March 28 that he was "standing outside the president's location with a bullet 'chambered' to 'blow his head off.'" Trump had a rally that day in Grand Rapids, Michigan .
Gonzalez lives in Hobart, about 145 miles southwest of Grand Rapids.
The (Merrillville) Post-Tribune reports Gonzalez is charged with making threats against the president and obstruction of justice. The indictment was unsealed Wednesday. He was previously charged in Lake Superior Court with felony intimidation.
According to an affidavit, Gonzalez told agents his account was hacked and denied threatening the president. The affidavit also says officers found 9 mm rounds and gunpowder in Gonzalez's room. The affidavit says Gonzalez said he wasn't the only person with access to the room.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The individual schools in the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation could all have new...
Years ago, Paul Daily lived life much like an untrained horse. He bucked. He kicked. He...
Forest Park High School sophomore Wyatt Fleck plunged a pickaxe into the ground near the...
Several local Girl Scout troops gathered outside Redeemer Lutheran Church in Jasper Monday...
Digging into old documents and scouring through the past, Rosie Stewart does most of her work...
Former Ferdinand resident Melissa Taylor recently achieved a personal goal of visiting all 50...
An emergency medical helicopter service is looking to relocate to the Huntingburg Airport. But...
Homestead BBQ opened in Ferdinand earlier this month.