Ind. bus antifreeze line bursts, spraying studentsNovember 16, 2013
By The Associated Press
PENDLETON — Central Indiana police say a girl suffered burns to her legs and dozens of her classmates were checked for injuries after a school bus’ antifreeze line ruptured, spraying hot liquid inside the bus.
The bus carrying up to 70 kindergarten through sixth-grade students was headed to Maple Ridge Elementary School in Pendleton when its antifreeze line failed Friday morning.
Investigators tell WRTV-TV the line was linked to a heat box beneath one of the seats and a girl sitting in that seat suffered minor leg burns when the liquid sprayed. She was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
School officials say other students were taken to the gym of the school a few miles northeast of Indianapolis and assessed by the school’s nurse and medical workers.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Upgrades and renovations at the Dubois Community Park are helping make it an even better place...
Dubois County is the first to agree to be part of a regional development authority whose goal is...
The Dale Fall Festival queen pageant will be held at 7 p.m. CDT Sunday, Sept. 3, in the Heritage...