Huntingburg firefighters make Thursday run

By Herald Staff

HUNTINGBURG — The Huntingburg Fire Department was called around 8 p.m. Thursday to a unit in Oakridge Apartments, located at 115 E. 17th Street, to a report of the smell of smoke and a smoke alarm sounding.

First arriving police and firemen entered the residence and found a pot left on the stove had cooked dry, causing the heavy smoke. No one was home at the time. The pot was removed and smoke was ventilated from the building.

Three trucks and 15 firemen were on the scene for 30 minutes. Huntingburg Police Department and Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services assisted at the scene.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com