Huntingburg firefighters make plant runs

From Local Sources

HUNTINGBURG — Units of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department responded to two manufacturing facilities Friday morning but neither incident resulted in lasting damage.

Firefighters were called at 6:44 a.m. to a water riser alarm at Dubois Wood Products, 707 E. Sixth St.

Assistant Chief Glen Kissling said a finish room drying oven became hot enough that a sprinkler head activated.

Two trucks and 12 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.

Then, at 7:35 a.m., a pull-station alarm was activated at MasterBrand Cabinets’ 1008 N. Geiger St. location.

Kissling said a fire started in an electrical switch box but maintenance staff cut power to the unit and used a dry chemical extinguisher to get flames out before firefighters arrived.

Two trucks and 12 firefighters cleared the run within 10 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com