Holland firefighters quell grain bin fireOctober 17, 2019
From Local Sources
HOLLAND — Units of the Holland Volunteer Fire Department responded Wednesday morning to the report of a grain bin smoking north of Holland.
The 8:06 a.m. call sent the department to a Balsmeyer Farms grain bin at State Road 161 and County Road 800S, according to Fire Chief Adam Chambers.
Chambers said it appeared a lightning strike busted a light bulb inside the bin, causing its contents to smolder.
Six firefighters and three trucks were on the scene three hours emptying the bin and watering down the smoldering contents.
Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services assisted on standby.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A photo essay featuring four local baptisms documented by Herald photojournalists.
Tourists clamored to first see the trickle of oil in the tranquil water of Pearl Harbor, and...
The Huntingburg Police Department force has a new member.
The Ferdinand Chamber of Commerce honored two award winners and had several featured speakers...
What would she think? When Leo Eckerle tilts back his head to look at the 32-foot-tall pine on...
Four-year-old Head Start student Ray perused Walmart’s toy cars aisle Wednesday morning with...
Marlene Greener shared Christmas letters explaining her family’s excitement about moving to...
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in downtown Jasper.