Holiday World to invest $5.5 million in 2019October 11, 2018
From Local Sources
SANTA CLAUS — Holiday World’s iconic Kringle’s Kafe will serve its final customers on October 28, as construction of the new Santa’s Merry Marketplace begins in November.
“We’re ramping up the theming and the menus for next season,” says park president Matt Eckert. “Santa’s Merry Marketplace is nearly 50 percent larger than Kringle’s and will include more menu items plus a coffee shop, bakery, candy store, and ice cream shop.
Holiday World will invest a total of $5.5 million for the 2019 season, including:
• Santa’s Merry Marketplace, with five serving stations offering varying menus, plus Candy Cane Confectionary, Sugarplum Scoop Shoppe, and the Polar Expresso
• New “Kids World” event for five weekends starting in mid-August
• On-ride photos for Gobbler Getaway dark ride
• Candy Cornucopia store and Dippin’ Dots Sundae Shoppe in the Thanksgiving section
• Track improvements for The Voyage, the world’s second-longest wooden roller coaster
• Additional Cabanas
“With Santa’s Merry Marketplace, we’ll start a new tradition at Holiday World, as Santa Claus greets park Guests each morning from the bell-tower balcony,” says Eckert. “We also plan to work in some reminders of our Santa Claus Land days and other magical surprises.”
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
When we find our true love, too often, we fail to recognize it until it’s gone. But, on...
The Jasper Public Library Board took several actions to move the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center...
Employees at Kimball Electronics are walking while they work to raise money for the community.
The bill came to fruition after a local mother contacted State Sen. Mark Messmer, R-Jasper,...
Six-year-old Aden Stephens has fought Stage 4 neuroblastoma for more than half his life. He...
A little more than a month after the closing of two Dale area rest stops was announced and...
Almost 35 years after he would have graduated high school, lifelong Jasper resident Ronnie Brown...
Inflatable bull pool toys — officially known as “Inflatabulls” — and poolside basketball...