Holiday World to invest $5.5 million in 2019October 11, 2018
From Local Sources
SANTA CLAUS — Holiday World’s iconic Kringle’s Kafe will serve its final customers on October 28, as construction of the new Santa’s Merry Marketplace begins in November.
“We’re ramping up the theming and the menus for next season,” says park president Matt Eckert. “Santa’s Merry Marketplace is nearly 50 percent larger than Kringle’s and will include more menu items plus a coffee shop, bakery, candy store, and ice cream shop.
Holiday World will invest a total of $5.5 million for the 2019 season, including:
• Santa’s Merry Marketplace, with five serving stations offering varying menus, plus Candy Cane Confectionary, Sugarplum Scoop Shoppe, and the Polar Expresso
• New “Kids World” event for five weekends starting in mid-August
• On-ride photos for Gobbler Getaway dark ride
• Candy Cornucopia store and Dippin’ Dots Sundae Shoppe in the Thanksgiving section
• Track improvements for The Voyage, the world’s second-longest wooden roller coaster
• Additional Cabanas
“With Santa’s Merry Marketplace, we’ll start a new tradition at Holiday World, as Santa Claus greets park Guests each morning from the bell-tower balcony,” says Eckert. “We also plan to work in some reminders of our Santa Claus Land days and other magical surprises.”
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Jasper Kmart is set to close after an announcement today that Sears Holdings has filed for...
When Jasper thinks fall football, it looks toward Friday nights when the varsity team takes the...
It was supposed to be the happiest day of her life. But when her wedding day ended, Jessica...
More than ever before, high school marching bands are utilizing props to transform their...
The second round of bids for redesigning Fourth Street between Geiger and Jackson streets were...
Purple luminaria lined a path on the south end of Huntingburg City Park Wednesday night for...
A project that will affect Jasper traffic for months on a stretch of more than 2 miles of...