Heavy rain closes 8 roadsMay 30, 2019
From Local Sources
Heavy rains Wednesday night, especially in the north half of the county, have pushed water over eight low-lying roads.
Jasper’s gauge caught 2.71 inches from the rain event and a 24-hour precipitation total from the Dubois Crossroads area was at 3.13 inches of rain.
The Dubois County Highway Department lists these roads as blocked by high water:
• County Road 150N west of County Road 750W.
• County Road 875W south of County Road 150N.
• County Road 50N west of County Road 750W.
• County Road 175E north of County Road 300N.
• County Road 600N east of Kellerville Road.
• Dubois Road Northeast south of State Road 56.
• County Road 600N west of County Road 200W.
• Harts Gravel Road at Kings Ridge Road.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Woodcrest Capital of Forth Worth, Texas, has purchased the Jasper Manor Shopping Center located...
Rain has pounded Dubois County this week but stopped just in time Tuesday night to bring out a...
Celestine Elementary will close after the 2019-20 school year.
With a fifth straight day of rain in store and 30 roads flooded by muddy water, the Dubois...
Patoka Lake reached the spillway elevation of 548 feet as of noon today.
Heavy pockets of rain continued to dampen Dubois County this morning, as water levels at Patoka...
For 15-year-old Thalia Hernandez of Jasper, her quinceañera was filled with moments to remember.
A grant application seeking money to build a new fire station in Birdseye received what amounted...