Heavy rain closes 7 roadsMay 31, 2019
From Local Sources
Heavy rains Wednesday night, especially in the north half of the county, now have water covering seven low-lying roads.
Jasper’s gauge caught 2.71 inches from the rain event and a 24-hour precipitation total from the Dubois Crossroads area was at 3.13 inches of rain as of Thursday.
Today, the Dubois County Highway Department says the roads blocked by high water are:
• County Road 875W south of County Road 150N.
• County Road 50N west of County Road 750W.
• County Road 800W north of County Road 300S.
• Ell Creek Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 175E north of County Road 300N.
• County Road 600N east of Kellerville Road.
• Harts Gravel Road at Kings Ridge Road.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Ireland Elementary is saying, “Salutations,” to the school year with a reading initiative...
The Herald went home with more than 20 awards at this year’s Hoosier State Press Association...
The 2019 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants are set for 7 p.m. Sunday,...
While many newlyweds choose a tropical getaway for their honeymoon, 2015 Jasper High School...
Fridays during football season are some of Southridge High School Athletic Director Brett...
Like any sports enthusiast, John Braun of Cannelton has made his fair share of bets with...
If you’ve been by the corner of Fourth and Mill streets lately, chances are you’ve seen...
Bill Hochgesang, superintendent of the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation, has been...