Heart of Jasper announces grant recipientsApril 6, 2021
By Herald Staff
JASPER — The City of Jasper Facade Grant Program in coordination with Heart of Jasper has selected its first recipients. Five facade projects will be awarded $10,000 each upon completion of the work and adherence to the Facade Grant guidelines.
The Facade Grant Program is intended to provide financial assistance for exterior building façade improvements in the downtown and riverfront areas of Jasper. The goal of the program is to stimulate retail growth and catalyze investment through enhanced aesthetics.
The five winners are:
• Young Rental and Realty LLC at 248 E. Third St. Current businesses: ACE Construction (fencing and roofing), Seven Seas Pet Store and Downtown Fitness & Running.
• Nohr Building at 413 Main St. Current business: Gary’s Barber Shop.
• Danny Brescher Housing LLC at 1112 Newton St. Current business: TRP Transmission
• Kundek LLC at 209 E. Sixth St. Current businesses: Copper Fox, Illusions Spa and Verkamp Law Office
• MH Properties LLC at 706-708 ½ Main St. Current businesses: Primerica Financial Services, Electric Graffiti Tattoo Studio, Milligan Communications, Yourstory Photography and Stephanie Wallace Photography
The Facade Grant Program will be awarding more grants in 2022. Guidelines and criteria to apply can be found at the City Hall or Chamber of Commerce. You may also download all information from HeartOfJasper.org or reach out to Kate Schwenk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In just one week, Ryan Menke of Holland will be swimming across the Hudson River.
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts built when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.