Health dept shares new gathering guidelinesApril 9, 2021
By Herald Staff
JASPER — Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb's newest executive order pertaining to COVID-19 guidelines shifted authority to each local health department to determine the overall size or percent capacity for social gatherings, events and extracurricular activities.
Based upon the overall spread of COVID-19 within the community, the Dubois County Health Department has decided to adopt the following recommendations:
• Capacity: Overall capacity limits of each gathering, event or extracurricular activity will be based upon the number of individuals the indoor/outdoor venue can accommodate while complying with social distancing requirements. Social distancing means maintaining at least 6 feet of distance between individuals from different households.
• Social distancing measures: Identify measures to ensure attendees engage in social distancing such as use of multiple entrances, designated seating, one-way flow of attendees, ground markings, distance between seating/tables, etc.
• Face coverings: Face coverings (masks) will be recommended for all those attending.
• Increased sanitation: Outline steps to ensure the event space is appropriately cleaned and sanitized, that high-touch areas have increased cleaning, and that additional handwashing or hand sanitizing is available.
• Guest information: Provide information to guests reminding them to stay home if they are sick.
• Compliance: Providing event staff or volunteers who will be available to monitor and ensure compliance with these recommendations is highly encouraged.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Holiday World will be celebrating its 75th birthday during a summer marked by reopening and a...
The Dubois County Veterans Council’s annual Memorial Day observance will honor all present...
The school year that ends this month is not the one we would have wished for. After living with...
The Downtown Chowdown hadn’t even officially started yet and lines at each food truck were...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday five new COVID-19 cases in...
As summer nears, a mobile makerspace van with the Jasper Public Library will be popping up at...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday two new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday five new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.