Gusty conditions lead to electric pole fireMarch 8, 2018
From Local Sources
PORTERSVILLE — Fire broke out on an electric pole south of Portersville late Tuesday afternoon as winds gusted to more than 40 mph in the county.
The Ireland Volunteer Fire Department was called to the intersection of County Road 675N and Portersville Road at 5:48 p.m.
Fire Chief Stan Seifert indicated apparatus on a Dubois Rural Electric Cooperative pole buffeted by wind dropped down on a crossarm, starting a fire and causing a power disruption along Portersville Road.
A Dubois REC crew was quickly on the scene to extinguish the fire and make repairs while fire department personnel did traffic control and remained on standby.
Two trucks and 12 firefighters were on the scene for 12 minutes.
The Dubois County Sheriff’s Department also assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Over the course of 25 years, Leroy and Donna Bleemel opened their Jasper home to children in...
The sky is the limit for the twisting, turning, sky-high-jumping David Fisher.
A partnership between Vincennes University Jasper Campus and Purdue University marks new...
Poison hemlock, an invasive species native to Europe, has been rapidly exploding in the area...
With a growing population throughout Indiana, bald eagles are likely to be seen around the...
In the last month, park officials have been dealing with vandalism in Huntingburg City Park and...
Three Jasper High School students, now graduates, created a short film that won several titles...
Jasper’s new comprehensive plan will take a little more than a year to create and will be done...