Gusty conditions lead to electric pole fire

From Local Sources

PORTERSVILLE — Fire broke out on an electric pole south of Portersville late Tuesday afternoon as winds gusted to more than 40 mph in the county.

The Ireland Volunteer Fire Department was called to the intersection of County Road 675N and Portersville Road at 5:48 p.m.

Fire Chief Stan Seifert indicated apparatus on a Dubois Rural Electric Cooperative pole buffeted by wind dropped down on a crossarm, starting a fire and causing a power disruption along Portersville Road.

A Dubois REC crew was quickly on the scene to extinguish the fire and make repairs while fire department personnel did traffic control and remained on standby.

Two trucks and 12 firefighters were on the scene for 12 minutes.

The Dubois County Sheriff’s Department also assisted.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com