Guests’ vaping triggers hotel’s alarm

From Local Sources

FERDINAND — Units of the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department responded to a general fire alarm activation Wednesday night at the Comfort Inn, 123 Scenic Hills Court.

There was no fire associated with the 10:45 p.m. callout, according to Fire Chief John Hoppenjans. Instead, he said, firefighters arrived to find some guests were vaping in a room.

The fire department ventilated the room and successfully reset the system.

Three trucks and eight firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.

The Ferdinand Police Department assisted.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com