Gas leak brings Holland firefighters to residence

From Local Sources

HOLLAND — Units of the Holland Volunteer Fire Department responded to a minor natural gas leak Sunday morning.

Firefighters answering the 10:48 a.m. callout to the Cecelia Obermeier residence at 208 W. Indiana St. found a gas leak at the furnace connection, according to Fire Chief Adam Chambers.

The department turned off the gas supply until repairs could be made, according to Chambers, who said Community Natural Gas assisted at the scene.

Two trucks and eight firefighters were at the residence for an hour.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com