Gas fireplace malfunction leads to fire callMarch 18, 2019
From Local Sources
HOLLAND — Units of the Holland Volunteer Fire Department responded to the report of a structure fire at a residence Friday night.
Responding firefighters quickly determined the 8:47 p.m. callout to the Mary Resenbeck residence did not pose a threat to the 504 W. Ohio St. property, according to Fire Chief Adam Chambers. Instead, he added, the department found Resenbeck’s gas fireplace had malfunctioned.
Firefighters turned off the gas feed to the unit and told Resenbeck to have it checked by a technician.
Three trucks and eight firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.
The Dubois County Sheriff’s Department and Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Two Jasper brothers whose actions reporting a fire during the holidays saved the home of an...
Two new officers and a new K-9 officer joined the Huntingburg Police Department force Tuesday.
A youth center in the works in Birdseye could open by the end of summer.
The Forest Park High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 2 p.m. Saturday in Buechler Arena,...
If everything goes according to schedule, Northeast Dubois Schools will have a junior-senior...
Dubois County Council members discussed on Monday options for financing either a renovated...
County officials discussed at length on Monday the $40,500 Dubois County is being asked to...
Fifty years ago, Northwood Retirement Community opened in Jasper as Northwood Good Samaritan Center.