Gas fireplace malfunction leads to fire callMarch 18, 2019
From Local Sources
HOLLAND — Units of the Holland Volunteer Fire Department responded to the report of a structure fire at a residence Friday night.
Responding firefighters quickly determined the 8:47 p.m. callout to the Mary Resenbeck residence did not pose a threat to the 504 W. Ohio St. property, according to Fire Chief Adam Chambers. Instead, he added, the department found Resenbeck’s gas fireplace had malfunctioned.
Firefighters turned off the gas feed to the unit and told Resenbeck to have it checked by a technician.
Three trucks and eight firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.
The Dubois County Sheriff’s Department and Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Patoka Lake reached the spillway elevation of 548 feet as of noon today.
Heavy pockets of rain continued to dampen Dubois County this morning, as water levels at Patoka...
For 15-year-old Thalia Hernandez of Jasper, her quinceañera was filled with moments to remember.
A grant application seeking money to build a new fire station in Birdseye received what amounted...
Due to Sunday evening's rain and heavy rain over the past several months, Patoka Lake will...
Sports car clubs from across Kentucky and Southern Indiana came together in Jasper on Saturday...
At an age when most women decide to retire from the sport, Joanie Mundy of Huntingburg decided...
Recently, I came to terms with the fact that I am a son who’ll never be as successful as his...