Rachel Mummey/The Herald
Cassie Evans of Dale held a kitten while watching her daughter Kloe, 6, try on clothing at the Community Action Center in Dale on Tuesday. The family members were victims of a fire that destroyed the three apartments on the top floor at 6 S. Washington St. in Dale. Shop owners opened their doors to allow those who lost their homes and all of their possessions to pick out clothing for overnight. The kitten had not yet been named as it was a birthday present for Kloe, who turned 6 Monday.