Fuel spill draws response by firefightersFebruary 22, 2019
From Local Sources
JASPER — A Thursday morning fuel spill at a northside gas station brought a response by the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department.
Units were called to the Northside Citgo, 2707 Newton St., at 10:42 a.m.
Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said a customer went inside the convenience store while fueling a vehicle, which resulted in 2 to 3 gallons of gasoline spilling.
Hochgesang said the incident should serve as a reminder to motorists to stay with their vehicles while fueling.
Employees used the absorbent material they had on hand on the spill area. Firefighters then set up a fan to dissipate what remained of the spill, Hochgesang said.
One truck and five firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.
At 10:17 p.m. Wednesday, the department was called to an alarm activation at the Jasper Lofts, 1300 Dewey St.
Hochgesang said the cooking activity of a resident in Apartment No. 215 created smoke that set off an alarm and forced other residents to temporarily evacuate. It was the fourth time the resident’s cooking activity had resulted in such a run, he said.
Firefighters set up a fan to ventilate the scene.
Five trucks and 21 firefighters were on the scene 25 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
After leading a public education forum at Vincennes University Jasper on Tuesday night, Indiana...
The Northeast Dubois County School Corporation has seen significant changes in the last few...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...
When the 2020-21 school year starts, Heritage Hills High School Assistant Principal Jeff Cochren...
It won’t be long before the first businesses open shop in Jasper’s new River Centre...
Next Act Inc, the nonprofit organization that owns and operates the historic Astra Theatre in...
Creative energy filled Jasper Middle School Saturday as teams of students from across Southern...
Three local police K-9s will receive bullet- and stab-protective vests thanks to a charitable...