Forest Park Band BoostersApril 29, 2021
The Forest Park Band Banquet was held at the Forest Park cafeteria on April 25, 2021. There was a brief business meeting. Bret Eckert, band booster president, called the meeting to order, the minutes from the last meeting stand as read, and thanked the senior parents.
Information about the decision to move next year’s band trip to spring break due to COVID restrictions was given as well as information about signing up for teams/committees for next school year.
Carol Lichtey announced that any new band parents need to provide her with their driver’s license information for the raffle. Bret presented Michelle Kieper as the volunteer for the treasure position. Beth Fleck made a motion to approve Michelle Kieper as treasure and Andy Hassfurther seconded the motion. New office positions become effective July 1. Bret Eckert and Brandon Berg discussed the position of vice president and asked for volunteers.
Mr. Obermeyer reminded that the marching band fees need to be paid by May 1 and presented the student awards from this past season. The award winners are listed below.
• Most Improved Junior High: John DeWitte
• Most Improved Freshman: Kennedy Staton; Zoey Bright
• Most Improved Sophomore: Kale Brames
• Most Improved Junior: Rachel Borman
• Most Improved Senior: Rylee Auffart; Dalton Streicher
• Outstanding Junior High Member: Ella Hopf
• Outstanding Freshman: Miles Welp
• Outstanding Sophomore: Eli Berg
• Outstanding Junior: Grace Andrews
• Outstanding Senior: Madison Oser
• Most Improved Color Guard: Amber Tretter
• Outstanding Color Guard: Danielle Eckert
• Golden Foot Marching Award: Adam Weyer
• Golden Note Marching Music Award: Brice Austin
• Mental Attitude Marching Award: Brianna Perry
• Marching Band Leadership Team
• Flute: Amelia Lutz
• Clarinet: Brianna Perry
• Saxophone: Eli Berg
• High Brass: Ellie Hall
• Low Brass: Adam Weyer
• Percussion: Brice Austin
• Horn Sergeant: Emma Hall
• Assistant Drum Major: Grace Andrews
• Head Drum Major: Haley Lorey
• Patrick S. Gilmore Award: Ethan Sell
• Director’s Award for Band: Caden Eckert
• John Philip Sousa Award: Madison Oser
• Gene Keusch Scholarship: Madison Oser
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Hodgini gymnastics team recently won the Indiana State Championship in Indianapolis. This...
Buffalo Trace Council, Boy Scouts of America awarded longtime Jasper resident and community...
Pierce Brinkman has been awarded the St. Paul’s Lutheran Church (Haysville) Annual Scholarship.
Breck Sternberg, the 18-year-old son of Tim and Tonya Sternberg, is the Huntingburg Optimist...
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center announced that the next recipient of the DAISY Award is...
Shayla Reyes, the 18-year-old daughter of Reyranio Reyes and John and Bobby Fromme, is the...
Jasper Middle School students rehearse the musical "Schoolhouse Rock Live!" earlier this week.
On March 19, Jasper Elementary School conducted the first ever Spelling Bee.