For The Record: 8/28August 28, 2013
FERDINAND — One vehicle was towed from the scene of a Tuesday afternoon collision at Sixth and Maryland streets.
Tama L. Englert, 52, of 622 E. Sixth St., was eastbound on Sixth Street in a 1989 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck at the time of the 3:19 p.m. mishap, according to the Ferdinand Police Department.
Police said Englert’s truck was struck in the left front wheel area by a southbound 2001 Buick Century driven by 75-year-old Judith M. Klueh, of 110 Maryland St.
Klueh told police she had stopped at Sixth Street and did not see Englert’s truck when she proceeded.
Total damage to the two vehicles was estimated at between $5,000 and $10,000. Englert’s truck had disabling damage to its left front wheel and was towed from the scene by a Berg’s Garage wrecker.
Police cited Klueh for failure to yield the right of way.
HUNTINGBURG — Units of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department responded to an alarm activation Tuesday afternoon at a Friendship Village apartment at 1102 Friendship Drive.
There was no fire, according to Fire Chief Scott Patberg. He said a smoke detector in an apartment reset itself as firefighters arrived. The reason it activated was unknown.
Ten firefighters responded with one truck as the department held two other trucks on standby at the station. Units were on the scene for 15 minutes.
FERDINAND — Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department personnel were conducting training next door when an alarm sounded Tuesday evening at MobÃ«l Inc., 2130 Industrial Park Road.
There was no fire, according to Fire Chief Dan Lindauer. Instead, a flow valve in a sprinkler system riser pipe was found to have failed to completely close as the firefighters’ use of water from a nearby hydrant affected water pressure. The malfunctioning valve allowed sprinkler system pressure to drop to a point that an alarm activated.
Four trucks and 17 firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.
JASPER — An alarm activation at 6:38 a.m. today sent units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department to Jasper High School, 1600 St. Charles St.
Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said there was no fire. Instead, firefighters discovered a faulty duct detector in a mechanical room in the mezzanine area of the school’s auxiliary gymnasium.
Hochgesang said alarm company personnel are due in soon to service the school’s alarm system.
Three trucks and 12 firefighters were on the scene for 20 minutes this morning.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
National Office Furniture, a unit of Kimball International Inc., recently donated furniture to...
Area elementary robotics teams will compete in the world championships in Louisville this weekend.
Louisville, not all that far from Dubois County, has become an ever-more enticing place to visit.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Historian Donald Davidson, believed to be the only full-time...
Information about financing for the Midstate Corridor project was discussed at the Dubois County...
Former Lincoln Heritage Public Library director Karen Moran loved children’s books, the Dale...
English students at Northeast Dubois High School got a crash course Monday on one way to apply...
Base bids for the upcoming Jasper Elementary School project were officially awarded at Monday...