Food container smokes, triggers alarmJanuary 28, 2020
From Local Sources
HUNTINGBURG — Units of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department responded Saturday and Monday to alarm activations at The Lofts at St. Joseph’s, 1900 Medical Arts Drive.
Department fire investigator John C. Smith said the 3:01 p.m. callout Saturday resulted when an apartment occupant inadvertently placed a foam food container on a heating stove burner.
The container smoked but was removed from the burner by the occupant, Smith said.
Five trucks and 13 firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes to reset the alarm system.
The department was called back to the complex at 3:37 p.m. Monday when another resident’s food overcooked on a stove top, setting off an alarm.
Four trucks and nine firefighters were on the scene 25 minutes.
There was no damage.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Lincoln Amphitheatre is rescheduling its 2020 performance series for 2021.
Farmers markets offer more than just a place for locals to buy and sell fresh produce. They also...
The 2020 Ferdinand Folk Festival has been canceled.
The Dubois County Health Department reported three new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the...
The wedding of my daughter Delaney and future son-in-law Max has become one of what Knot.com...
Jasper High School graduated 255 in the Class of 2020 this month when e-learning came to an end...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms four more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms seven more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...