Flooded-road count on the riseFebruary 20, 2019
From Local Sources
Widespread and occasionally heavy rains that began Tuesday night sent the number of roadway sections blocked by high water to 14 today.
Just three roads were on the Dubois County Highway Department’s high-water list Tuesday.
Officials with the Town of Ferdinand, where a weather station made a reading at 12 a.m. today, said 1.62 inches of rain had fallen since Tuesday night.
Today’s affected high-water roads are:
• County Road 150N west of County Road 750W.
• County Road 875W south of County Road 150N.
• County Road 50N west of County Road 750W.
• County Road 800W north of County Road 300S.
• Dubois-Cuzco Road west of Cuzco Road South.
• Dubois Road Northeast south of State Road 56.
• County Road 600N west of County Road 200W.
• Meridian Road south of State Road 162.
• St. Anthony Road West south of Schnellville Road.
• County Road 230S east of State Road 162.
• Jasper-Dubois Road south of State Road 545.
• East First Street in Huntingburg west of County Road 75W.
• County Road 200W south of Sunset Drive.
• Ferdinand Road Northwest at two point east of County Road 200W.
The National Weather Service in Louisville says the copious rainfall at present is sure to agitate ongoing flooding, create new flooding and prompt the issuance of additional river flood warnings.
Rain is forecast to taper tonight. It will be dry Thursday but light rain early Friday will be followed by heavy rain and strong-to-possibly-severe storms Saturday, when the high temperature may reach 64 degrees.
In its social media forecast today, NWS Louisville advised anyone encountering water flowing over a road to “Turn Around, Don’t Drown!”
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
At 25, Eber Menjivar is the youngest member of the Jasper Utility Service Board, and he is the...
This week is Pine Ridge Elementary's sixth annual Wellness Week, an initiative focused on...
I’ve enjoyed a few stadium shakers in my time, but it’s the anti-arena acts on the smaller...
The hottest ticket the last two weekends for an Indiana volunteer firefighter had to be the...
Although he is in the middle of his Congressional work in the nation’s capital, U.S. Sen. Mike...
Bark in the Parklands was a joint event between the Dubois County Humane Society and the Jasper...
In celebration of Newspapers in Education Week, we asked elementary schoolers from Ireland,...
More than 500 attendees flooded the Jasper Community Arts Center and parts of Vincennes...